Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weight loss help please

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ive heard the best way to loose weight is to eat right and exercise so what im wondering is if you ladies can tell me food recipes and exercises are good..also ive heard of MFP but every time I try to use it I cant ever find the food im eating to count it so any other tip would be helpful TIA!!
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Hi!  What foods are you entering in MFP that you cannot find?  Can you give us an example?

I would say, focus on small changes that you CAN do.  For example, breakfast is one of my challenges (of several).  I've been making a concerned effort to fix myself something to eat even if its small.

You may need to break down your foods to find the calories.  For example, today I had fresh fruit with yogurt.

About .25 cup of low fat vanilla yogurt = 48 calories

3 strawberries = 12 calories

pineapples  .25 cup (diced) = 19 calories

Total calories = 79 calories

**This is clearly not enough so I am also having two hard boiled eggs (for protein) = 140 calories

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I use a notebook an keep track of everything I eat myself.  I've always done it that way

as for work outs- find what you like, make sure you do both cardio and strentgh 

start with small goals- things you can achieve everry day or evey week and build from there- increase time, or water, or change another food item...

Leanin.on.faith
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:12 PM

like asandwhich and some chips i dont know how to enter it in correctly

Quoting M4LG5:

Hi!  What foods are you entering in MFP that you cannot find?  Can you give us an example?

I would say, focus on small changes that you CAN do.  For example, breakfast is one of my challenges (of several).  I've been making a concerned effort to fix myself something to eat even if its small.

You may need to break down your foods to find the calories.  For example, today I had fresh fruit with yogurt.

About .25 cup of low fat vanilla yogurt = 48 calories

3 strawberries = 12 calories

pineapples  .25 cup (diced) = 19 calories

Total calories = 79 calories

**This is clearly not enough so I am also having two hard boiled eggs (for protein) = 140 calories

Leanin.on.faith
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:13 PM

how do you write it in a notebook?

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Quoting Leanin.on.faith:

say I'm having a grilled ham and cheese sandwich... I'll put ham-35 cal, cheese 35 cal, bread 100 cal (I know that in my head already- so I just put it as 170) *I use zero cal. buttter

if I'm having a bag of chips- *I eat the small pre-bagged ones so the calories are on them- usually it's 150 or 160 a bag 

and say I'll have applesauce- 80 cal (measure it or get the cups) 

so I just line up the numbers on the left of the page- and what I ate next to that number-and add it up all day.

*I plan my day out in the morning or before bed- so I know what I'm eating and how many calories are in it. I have 3 meals and 2 snacks- as I eat things I use a yellow highlighter and mark them off and adjust it for things I either didn't eat, or traded out for something else as the day goes.

*I also keep track of my work out min. each day (was doing it on Sparkpeople for that- but the thing I use is down at the moment)

Leanin.on.faith
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Wow

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting Leanin.on.faith:

say I'm having a grilled ham and cheese sandwich... I'll put ham-35 cal, cheese 35 cal, bread 100 cal (I know that in my head already- so I just put it as 170) *I use zero cal. buttter

if I'm having a bag of chips- *I eat the small pre-bagged ones so the calories are on them- usually it's 150 or 160 a bag 

and say I'll have applesauce- 80 cal (measure it or get the cups) 

so I just line up the numbers on the left of the page- and what I ate next to that number-and add it up all day.

*I plan my day out in the morning or before bed- so I know what I'm eating and how many calories are in it. I have 3 meals and 2 snacks- as I eat things I use a yellow highlighter and mark them off and adjust it for things I either didn't eat, or traded out for something else as the day goes.

*I also keep track of my work out min. each day (was doing it on Sparkpeople for that- but the thing I use is down at the moment)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)