Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Are you setting a good example for your kids?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

Since I have been trying to eat healthier and work out more, I am noticing my kids are responding in kind. Almost like mimicing me.

We were at a soccer meeting last night and they had cookies as snacks for the kids. When they were offered, they turned them down. What?? Huh?? My kids turn down a sweet... They very politely said, 'No thank you, we are trying to cut back on processed food'...haha

I love them. But told them in the car that a simple no thank you would have sufficed.  

Are your kids picking up on your lifestyle changes? 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:01 PM

They ARE, but they aren't at the same time.  They enjoy eating all of the veggies that I bring into the house and they are more than happy to be active with me, but they still like a soda every once in a while and DD has this THING about ice cream, which her daddy won't deny her.

little_mama83
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:03 PM

My kids are only 2 & 4 and I wasn't offering them a very healthy diet until recently but they are slowly picking up on our new lifestyle! I'm sure they'd still eat any junkfood that was offered to them but it's so nice to hear them ask for water instead of soda/tea/etc. They still aren't very interested in EATING very healthy but I don't offer them junk anymore so everything they eat is at least somewhat healthy.

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM

That's awesome, OP! Lol

In terms of eating healthy, my dd (almost 6) has really picked up on things. She will ask me if certain foods are healthy or not. When it comes to exercise though I think she could care less. I've taken her to a few family yoga classes and zumbatonic but she doesn't want to go anymore because it's "Soooooo Boring!" lol. Oh well, she takes gymnastics and other extracurricular activities so I can understand how yoga can be boring for her. LOL

housewifehell
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:13 PM

We have gone completely chemical free "clean eating" and the kids are so funny wih it.  My son is almost 4 and he is always saying something about how we dont eat that "stuff" and "diet makes us die".  At this point he knows if he eats that stuff it makes him feel bad and he acts terrible.  And my daughter is almost 3 and she says things like "yuck" and "own" when a food commercial comes on Tv its funny I think she is trying to say we make our own.  I always figure if they can make it, I can make it at home if I really really want it.  I love the way they are right on board with all of the changes we have made to our diets it makes the transition a lot easier now if you offer my son candy or anything not home made he will tell you all about how bad that is for us and how we dont eat it :) Those moments make me and my DH know its all worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN