Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Morning is the best time but I cannot wake up to exercise

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 3 Replies

We are a very busy family....both of us work full-time and or kids are in sports all year round (different sports each season).  I also coach two of the 3 sports so it's not like I take my kids to practices and do nothing.

My best opportunity to exercise is in the morning.  On normal days, I get up at 6am. 

For those that workout in the morning......early in the morning.....how the heck do you do it?  How do you get yourself up? 

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sarah824
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I started this about 10 days ago. I set my alarm and force myself to get up. The first few days sucked! Then it started getting easier. Before I started getting up to walk I would get up at 6:30am and rush through a shower, cup of coffee and quick email check and I was out the door by 7:20am. Then I started setting the alarm for 6am and I would walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes (1 mile) and then shower and get going. Today I set the alarm for 5:30am and managed to walk for 35 minutes (2 miles) and felt really good.

My best advice is to force yourself to get up earlier. It sucks at first but it DOES get easier, at least if has for me. Good luck to you!

HappyGirl77
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Well, I am a morning person.  I like to go to bed by 9pm and I can wake up at 430 no problem.  I think if you are a night owl it is much harder (like my dh).  

To get up, try putting your clock on the other side of the room so you physically have to get out of bed to turn it off.  

itsm3
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM

i get up daily at 5am to workout.  on mondays it sucks but instead of turning off the alarm and lying back down, just get up and get moving.  once you're up and moving, it's much better.

also a good night's rest (early bedtime) is IMPORTANT otherwise you won't be able to get up.  i sleep at 930am and it's the only time that i can get up at that ungodly hour.  if i go to bed later than 10pm, the next day is a total miss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)