Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

gaining weight still...could use advice and encouragement OMG UPDATE PAGE 4

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM
  • 37 Replies
I am to the point of tears. I have been going to the gym and cutting calories since May. I have gained 10 pounds. I don't understand how. I am so miserable. This week I went to the gym four days and I usually work out at home between nap time for my son and chores. My SO and I agree going on vacation in about three weeks and I just need help. I honestly an trying. Help.

We are having such a bad stroke of luck right now. I could just some support.

Thank you everyone for the advice. I am mobile so its a little hard to reply but I have lots of questions. :)

YOU LADIES ARE AWESOME!!
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asaffell
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh mama, big hugs!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Cutting calories, but are you getting ENOUGH, and what are you eating?  Not all calories are the same.

Are you drinking enough water?

You're working out....building muscle....muscle weighs more than fat.

Are you on any medications that could cause weight gain?

p608319chef
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Quoting michiganmom116:

Cutting calories, but are you getting ENOUGH, and what are you eating?  Not all calories are the same.

I am trying to add in water but slowly. It would help if SO would stop taking my bottles. I have a hard time eating super healthy because I don't like vegetables. :( I am trying to figure out tasty recipes for them so I can get those in. I have made some smaller changes, 2 percent milk and cheese, frozen yogurt instead of ice cream, cut down on a lot of high fat snack foods and an instead adding fruit, eating just a lean meat and cheese with no bread for a sandwich, tuna or salmon or ground turkey instead of ground beef with meals, cutting portions of pasta out, using whole grain vegetable pasta....

No medication right now but I NEVER had a problem with gaining/ not losing weight until I took birth control after my son was born.
cj123573
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:24 PM
3 moms liked this
My DH takes my water bottles all the time. I started buying pink and purple ones. Flowers would also work :)
azn_ladie82
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I also agree with Michiganmom. Do you think you're eating foods with high sodium?

p608319chef
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Quoting cj123573:

My DH takes my water bottles all the time. I started buying pink and purple ones. Flowers would also work :)

That sounds like a great plan lol. I buy the vitamin flavor packets then he take, my whole case of water.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Before I read this reply I was going to ask you about your birth control method. You bc can and will impede weight loss and cause gain in some women.

Quoting p608319chef:

Quoting michiganmom116:

I am trying to add in water but slowly. It would help if SO would stop taking my bottles. I have a hard time eating super healthy because I don't like vegetables. :( I am trying to figure out tasty recipes for them so I can get those in. I have made some smaller changes, 2 percent milk and cheese, frozen yogurt instead of ice cream, cut down on a lot of high fat snack foods and an instead adding fruit, eating just a lean meat and cheese with no bread for a sandwich, tuna or salmon or ground turkey instead of ground beef with meals, cutting portions of pasta out, using whole grain vegetable pasta....

No medication right now but I NEVER had a problem with gaining/ not losing weight until I took birth control after my son was born.
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you actually counting calories?  Or just winging it?  I can't tell from either of your posts.

Changing your eating habits is a great start---but you need to ensure you are getting the right amount of calories.

And don't use the lack of veggies as an excuse.  I hate most of them and managed to lose over 100 pounds.

p608319chef
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Quoting azn_ladie82:

I also agree with Michiganmom. Do you think you're eating foods with high sodium?

I have a diet soda habit im working on so there is around 50 mg in those. I don't add salt to my food so its whatever amount is in the food. Im not quite sure how much.
lil-thumper23
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I had to stop weighing myself for awhile because it was getting me down and I was losing that want to try anymore. I think after a month I weighed in and had lost. if your clothing are fitting better id say its muscle if not id look into trying a different b.c just don't give up until ya figure it out.....your worth it!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN