Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Give up!

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 13 Replies

Do you ever feel like giving up?

I do most days. :/

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

this time? not really- I mean I did have a day last week ( Saturday morning-after being stuck for 5 weeks at 174-175) but I got over it, and NEVER thought of actually quitting. We were going to a wedding that night anyway, so I just took a day or two- did what I wanted and then got back to it on Monday. I have not been back on the scale either...

When I lost about 65 lbs the first time - I swore I'd never be fat again.  It took 2 yrs to lose it, but shortly after getting where I wanted to be, we moved to a state where I had no friends or family, and I didn't have my full time cleaning job anymore, and we got stuck living in a hotel room for 2-3 weeks waiting for our house stuff to get done.  I ended up gaining like 10 lbs back pretty quickly, then tried to maintain, but it kept coming back anyway so I said screw it- if I can't maintain while eatig 1500 calories a day, then I give up...and here I am again-losing that 65 I lost before PLUS another 20 or so...ugh

moral of that story- DO NOT QUIT or give up!

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Yes I consider it from time to time. Heck I have even just went completely off program for a little while and just did whatever. I always pay for it though..and vow to get back to it.
I'm finally getting to a point that I feel good about my weight loss though, so I'm good to go for right now. Ask me again in about 2 weeks when AF comes to town. Lol

stick with it! You can do it!
jlmc
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes but then I try to squeeze into my jean and realize giving up won't get me to where I want to be :). Keep at it!

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Everyday, lol.

I backed off a little but I've been doing this for about a year now. 7 months full balls to the wall so it's become a habit. I know that I've come soooo far and gotten so strong and lost the weight that I REFUSE to give that up.

It's become as habit as brushing my teeth. If I don't go to the gym or do something, I feel sluggish and icky. It's just one of those things that once you really get your head in the game, for real, it become a habit.

I hate working out but I hate myself more when I don't workout. Kwim?

My motivation comes from 2 places:
1. My career path. I HAVE to pass a portion of my academy that is strictly fire training and I need a lot of strength and agility. If I don't pass, there goes my career.

2. Myself, my body, my son. I feel like a boss leaving the gym, I see the change in my body and I want my son to see his mom live for fitness, i enjoy him coming to help me or join in. I want to set an excellent example for him, too.

3. My trainer. He is the one who has got me to where I am now! Without him, there is no way I would be where I am doing this on my own. His style of training is wonderful.

Most of the time I'd rather just lay in bed and say eff it. Lol.

Today, I went into the gym and was welcomed by an applause by staff and other regulars :) Someone gave my trainer word that i passed my really important exam and then word got round the gym. I love it! Who wouldn't want to come to a gym like that!
Hollybriann
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:23 AM
I gave up a couple weeks ago
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:39 AM
2 moms liked this

We all want to give up at a times...but remember this is a lifestyle change and NOT a diet.  So, you are just fine to have bad days mama.  Hugs and stick with it!  You can do this!

CLEKate
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Yep.  All the time.

MomofHDFandNWF
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:55 AM

This!  I am to the point that it really has become more about the lifestyle change then a diet.  Are there days I an not as strict?  Definitely!  I tend to be a little easier on myself calorie wise on the weekends when we are out and about with family and friends - but, I still make sure to get in my exercise to help off-set it.

My DH is working today, and it would be so easy to have a "lazy day" at home today.  But we are taking some down time this AM... Then it is off to breakfast, to run errands, dropping DD off with my M-in-L @ a local campground (where they are staying) to visit and hang out for the day - after that my DS and I will hit some walking trails down in Acadia.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

We all want to give up at a times...but remember this is a lifestyle change and NOT a diet.  So, you are just fine to have bad days mama.  Hugs and stick with it!  You can do this!

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
No, because I see myself shrinking. Even with no loss 2 weeks I see the difference. Lost 17lbs in 9 weeks.
I made up my mind to be strict and hardly any cheating. I have had only water in these 9 weeks. I don't miss other drinks now at all.
I agree with the person that it is a lifestyle change, not a diet. I call it a forever diet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM

ALL THE TIME...But, at the end of the day, I give a big ole sigh...and think,

"Tomorrow is a brand new day, with a brand new beginning!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)