Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

My first ever 5K!!! Pic heavy

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

I did my first ever 5K today with my hubby and my best friend. It was my friend's first 5K as well but hubby has done them before (in high school 15 years ago). I had a blast and can't wait to do more. My goal was to finish in under 45 minutes, especially since I haven't been able to train for the past 2 weeks because of a nasty stomach virus. I finished in 40.42! Yay me! My friend, who is recovering from a knee surgery several months ago, wanted to finish in under an hour and she finished in 49.54. Yay Roxy! And hubby wanted to finish in under 30 minutes and he finished in 30.32. Yay Georgie! lol. It was a great day!

All of us before the race. Me in the middle.

Crazy picture of me trying to give my daughter a high five as I crossed the finish line, lmao:

And all of us after the race. Hubby gave his number and medal to our daughter, lol:

Then after the race they had a "Family Fun Fest" so we had some fun:

And just as a referance, this is me and hubby this past Christmas:

And this is us before the 5K today:

I have lost 22 pounds so far! Yay! 

Have you ever done a 5K? How did you do? Do you plan to or have you done more?

by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cuddlyknuckle
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I'm hoping to do my first 5k in September. I'm so excited! And nervous.

my4kidsrock2
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I was nervous too but I had a blast! There's nothing to be nervous about. Now I can't wait to do another 5k!

Quoting Cuddlyknuckle:

I'm hoping to do my first 5k in September. I'm so excited! And nervous.

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Great job!!! I've done several 5ks now. I love races :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RunningMommaof2
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Great job momma!!!

I have run a couple of 5ks. My first one was a bit disappointing because my only goal was to make it to the end without walking and I didn't do it. I hit a huge hill and when I got to the top I had to walk because I wore myself out. I plan to run lots of races in the future. I have a 10k and half marathon coming up in the fall.

Keep up the good work!
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!  I would love to be able to do a 5K.  I've been looking into the COUCH TO 5K.   I've never been a runner.  Or really a jogger.  But,  I'm gonna try!

WheelerWife
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Great job!! 

cj123573
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Awesome!! 

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Awesome job! I can totally see the difference in the before/after photos. Sounds like you all had a blast.

I've never done a 5k though I've definitely thought about it. I think my town has a 5k coming up in October. I might just have to finally try it!

CMcLaws
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:24 AM
I am starting to train tomorrow!! It has always been a goal of mine to run a 5k, I'm excited!! Congrats to you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Congrats!

I ran my first one in June 29th. It was actually 3.5 miles and I finished in 47:05. It was pretty flat. I ran another with a friend on July 4th there ending up being some really steep hills. I finished that in 48 I think. But I cut 5 minutes off my running on hills time in a month so I was pretty happy about that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)