Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Dirty Girl!

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

This is the before picture, (im in white) I did it with my aunt and she has been dealing with some health problems, so we walked most of it.

I was a little dissapointed in the actual event. The obstacles were fun but we had to wait in line 5-45 min for each one. (Most of them were only 5 min, there was only one that was 45). So it didn't feel like much of a Workout at all. (The only thing that's sore today is my feet because I wore old shoes since we donated them at the end). The obstacles were super easy but again, fun.

My biggest annoyances were that by the time we got done they were out of food (they still had 4 more hours of runners!) so your only option was a bowl of coleslaw and bag of chips for $4!! Then the line to the showers was over an hour long! We ended up just sitting on our towels and driving to my aunts house because we had 4 hungry preteens and my 19 month old with us who had just waited over 90 min for us to get done.

I doubt I will do this particular race again. Maybe find a harder one instead!
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

At the finish line...
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Mobile Photo

My shoes fell apart about halfway through!
ACrystalLilly
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM

you rock

Looks like you both had fun dispite the hiccups along the way.... great Job!!!  Its always fun when adults can find a way to get dirty and have fun doing it.

Hands friends some fresh towels, soap and clean clothes to change into after shower.

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I think the costume was my favorite part! Lol I had on a little tiara, along with the super hero cape/mask. Not every day you get to wear spandex and a tiara!

Quoting ACrystalLilly:

you rock

Looks like you both had fun dispite the hiccups along the way.... great Job!!!  Its always fun when adults can find a way to get dirty and have fun doing it.

Hands friends some fresh towels, soap and clean clothes to change into after shower.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Sounds like poor planning on their part! Great job though :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)