Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Weight Loss Journey Pics!!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 38 Replies
2 moms liked this

Anybody in the group willing to share some before and afters from their weight loss journeys and share with us how you met your goals (or exceeded them)?

Or, if you dont have an after yet, are you willing to post a before and discuss ways you could go about reaching your goals?

Here are a few pics from my journey!!!

I would like to say that not only am I feeling more energetic and confident, but I have truly learned the meaning of being healthy and in shape. I am not as stressed (even during stressful situations), I have enough energy to outlast my kids, I no longer need an inhaler, I stand taller and speak louder (my confidence has skyrocketed), and I have a much more positive attitude about life in general since I learned more about living a healthy lifestyle.

by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomofHDFandNWF
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Way to go!  You look great.  Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of my journey as I am normally on the wrong side of the camera.... Let's see what I can scare up.... Off to search the archives of my computer.

KristiTurgeon
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I know exactly what you mean. Finding "full-body" before shots was especially difficult for me!

Raindancerx
by Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

No.. But that is because I am still at the before part. devil

Dawn4175
by Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

It's not an after because I'm still at it, but this is a difference of about 80 lbs. I just changed my eating habits and exercise regularly. I'm far from my "ideal" weight still, but feel soooooooo much better already.
dezava
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM

You look great!

I have no "after" pictures to share but I do have a before. My goal is to lose 77 pounds.

KristiTurgeon
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:55 PM
We all start somewhere! I had no progress pics and a lot of "I'm going to" or "I started to"s with no follow through.

I remember laying in bed one night & not being able to get comfortable because I was so overweight that I literally felt like my lungs were going to collapse. My asthma had gotten so bad that I had to use my nebulizer every night. I barely went out in public because I felt so bsd about myself, and I couldn't hardly play with my oldest son because every bit of energy I did have went to caring for my baby. I started working out about a week later. I didn't eat right though until about 6 months in when I wasn't getting the progress I was hoping for.

Have you thought about what you can do yo change your life? Have you developed a plan?

Quoting Raindancerx:

No.. But that is because I am still at the before part. devil

KristiTurgeon
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Dawn,

WOOT WOOT! Rock on, Mama! You look awesome. Keep it up!

Quoting Dawn4175:

Mobile Photo

It's not an after because I'm still at it, but this is a difference of about 80 lbs. I just changed my eating habits and exercise regularly. I'm far from my "ideal" weight still, but feel soooooooo much better already.
KristiTurgeon
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Thank you! And thanks for sharing! Have you thought of a first step to fitness? Can't wait until you can share with us an after pic!

Quoting dezava:

You look great!

I have no "after" pictures to share but I do have a before. My goal is to lose 77 pounds.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 8, 2013 at 7:28 AM

You look great mama...fantastic job!

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Before -

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)