Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Are there any coffee drinkers?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 36 Replies

Do you still drink coffee after changing your lifestyle, or have you switched to tea?  If you still drink coffee,  how do you make it "healthy" so to speak?  (I don't like black coffee)

Once before I have switched from coffee to fruit green tea and with that and working out I lost 20 pounds within a month or so...then I went to nursing school and gained it all back.

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I have decided that coffee is not going away.  I like my coffee and I like the creamer that goes with it.  I'm not interested in changing it at all because I will likely go back to it so I've decided to keep it as part of my lifestyle but, at the same time, I need to remember that it's something that I need to account for.

ToniTennille
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I never quit having coffee. I couldn't love my coffee way too much! I used agave nectar to sweeten my coffee and just use powdered creamer or milk. I lost a 100 in a year.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I drink coffee everyday... with half and half or whole milk and sugar... EEEEKKKKK Its my treat and I am not there yet in my journey to let it go yet. I eat clean mostly and workout... I still am losing weight. I still add those calories I consume in my coffee into my daily range so I don't have these extra calories. Not so much help here.

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I've gotten to the point where coffee is an occasional treat. I pretend it's like a chocolate bar in that I can only have it once in awhile.

I used to drink a ton of coffee (multiple cups a day of the high calorie mochas from starbucks! Eeek) then I switched to chai tea and didn't have coffee for a good 6 months! Then I switched to green tea with an occasional coffee once or twice a week.

Now I drink mainly water (not much of a tea drinker anymore) and when I go get a coffee treat it is something that I plan for. I have to have the extra ~200 calories in my diet before I allow myself to have that coffee. When I order I don't try to make it healthy because it is a treat. It will either be a white chocolate mocha or a green tea frappachino.

HappyGirl77
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I am a coffee drinker...I cannot stand Tea...of any kind!  I use vanilla or cinnamon coffee and then I add a bit of splenda and a dash of sugar free creamer (I don't like it black).  My old co-workers would laugh at me because I really do just use enough creamer to make the coffee not black.  The splenda and the flavored coffee is want really helps for me though..takes the bitterness away.

Oh and I drink 1 1/2 cups a day...sometimes 2...but never any more than that.

It is never to late to be what you might have been ~George Eliot~

Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent ~Eleanor Roosevelt~

mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I drink a lot of coffee, but I drink mine black. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

lovinlife0607
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Agave nectar, I never thought of that! :)  How did you lose so much in 1 year?  Do you have a journal here for me to read? ;) 

Quoting ToniTennille:

I never quit having coffee. I couldn't love my coffee way too much! I used agave nectar to sweeten my coffee and just use powdered creamer or milk. I lost a 100 in a year.

lovinlife0607
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM

that's what I did when I quit coffee last time...just a treat once in awhile. Green tea frapp??? 

Quoting ballerina18:

I've gotten to the point where coffee is an occasional treat. I pretend it's like a chocolate bar in that I can only have it once in awhile.

I used to drink a ton of coffee (multiple cups a day of the high calorie mochas from starbucks! Eeek) then I switched to chai tea and didn't have coffee for a good 6 months! Then I switched to green tea with an occasional coffee once or twice a week.

Now I drink mainly water (not much of a tea drinker anymore) and when I go get a coffee treat it is something that I plan for. I have to have the extra ~200 calories in my diet before I allow myself to have that coffee. When I order I don't try to make it healthy because it is a treat. It will either be a white chocolate mocha or a green tea frappachino.

Anoronlight
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I don't drink coffee, haven't drank that stuff since high school. I used to drink tons of pepsi, that was my "coffee" I don't drink that anymore. Instead I drink Spark, but when i don't have that I drink tea or I take mason jars, cut up some fruit peices and add that and water and stick it in the jar over night. The problem I have is I don't ever have enough fruit cause the kids eat it all. lol  I'm not a person who can drink straight water,  I need it flavored. My prefer choice is spark, when I can't get that, then its tea or fruit flavored water.

I find if I make my water with cucumber the family won't touch it...which means more for me. lol

ToniTennille
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not have a journal. I stuck too eating meat, fruits, and nuts. Friday or Saturday were my cheat nights but I still watched how much I was eating. I hate cardio unless it's dancing. I would go out dancing every Saturday night for about 5 hours. Otherwise I was lifting weights everyother day. I never ate a meal large then my hand, so portion control. I also started loving myself and have a boyfriend that thinks I'm beautiful no matter what. We met when I was at my biggest and he loved me even then. ;)

Quoting lovinlife0607:

Agave nectar, I never thought of that! :)  How did you lose so much in 1 year?  Do you have a journal here for me to read? ;) 

Quoting ToniTennille:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)