Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Ready to start losing weight

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:46 AM
  • 13 Replies

OK I've been ready for awhile but it's gotten to the point where I am no longer comfortable and I hate being the "fat" one. My question is, I am a SAHM and you would think I have all the time in the world to work out. I don't. My SO works a lot. He's a medic so he doesn't have fluffy office hours. He doesn't get home until after most people eat dinner and leaves early in the morning. I have a 7yr old getting ready to go back to school next week but the toddler is 2 1/2. I have to do everything with her. We don't have extra money for daycare. I have access to a neighborhood fitness center, but can't take the toddler there. We got an xbox for christmas and I was doing Zumba for a while, but my DD decides she wants to stand in front of the tv so I can't see..ugh child! 

Do any of you have suggestions that can help me? I really want to get some excersize in but how??

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Put the toddler in a wrap and go for walks around your neighborhood. (Weight plus cardio, boom!)

Lay on your back and put the toddler on your shins and lift, if you feel comfortable try it on the feet.

Peek a boo push ups

Does your house have stairs? Run up/down stairs during nap times.

Couch 2 5k is a great program if you have a jogging stroller.

Play tag at the park with your 7yo

Just some ideas and things we do. Workouts don't have to be formal or at a gym. Movement is movement.
luvhubandbabys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Walk outside take a family walk.

Try ur workout vĂ­deos or games after kids are sleeping.

Pushups
Squats
Lunges
Crunches
Etc....requires no equipment....

Play outside with the kids tag or something!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I work 1st shift days and my husband works 2nd shift and weekends. For over a year, I worked out after my 2 kids went to bed. They were 1-2 and 3-4 then (3 and 5 now).  So basically I would get up at 5:30, get out the door at 7, come home at 5, fix dinner, eat, play, bedtime routine, workout, bed.  when I was in the routine it was easy. Now that I'm working out on my lunch break instead, if I work out at night, it is not so easy anymore lol!  But it's all about getting into the habit I think :)

ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:40 PM
When I was starting out I would put my youngest, 2 at the time, in the only stroller I had, an umbrella stroller, and push him around my neighborhood. I did it in the hot, middle of the day while my other kids were at school because that was the only time I could.
Jincks013
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Put one foot in front of the other... to quote an old song but it works. I"ve lost two pant sizes doing just that. Walking. Nothing special, no special pace no frills; just walking. its been 8 weeks now. At first I could only go a few blocks before I was breathless, now I climb a 1.1 mile hill without being out of breath and am looking for wrist weights to bump it up a notch.  Your tot is probably in a stroller still right? choose a route and take baby for a walk each day.  10 minutes, then gradually expand it out. if you go 11 the next week baby won't realize it and you get to work out. 

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM

hey hun add me to fb if you want, ive personally lost 100 lbs and would looooove to help you!! Amanda David :) 3 kids here and hubby works all the time, i understand xo

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Put her in a stroller and walk after you get the other one to school.  Make that your morning routine.  And do the x-box when the toddler is down for her nap.  And drink WATER WATER and more WATER!  Good luck!

CrappyHappy
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Put the baby in a jogging stroller or really any stroller and started walking.. walking Walking WALKING!!! and I don't mean to just walk girlfriend I mean like dance while you walk :) I do it all the time and I tell ya in a week you will notice the difference in your body and the way you think and the baby will love the fresh air :)

americansugar80
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM
the state of mind is what keeps you from wanting to do it. everything in life is a choice so if you have spent 10 minutes thinking of if you want to really take that walk or not, you could have already did it and be back from it. when my youngest didn't go to pre-school or have any schooling before kindergarten, I had to find ways to exercise with him. stores were always far for me to walk but I did it anyway with him in a stroller - I had to walk everywhere because I didn't have a license and believe me, things weren't that near to me. try not having one of those, you'd be hugely motivated then.
medifastdebbie
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Walking is so important and can help so much, you dont have to go fast and you dont have to go far, just walk and do it often, you will feel so much better after it too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)