Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Just a vent about not having weight loss...

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM
  • 13 Replies
I'm feeling frustrated this morning with my weight loss or lack off. I know the only person I have to blame is myself. I remember when the weight would just fall off so easily but now that I'm fairly close to my goal I have to be very strict with calories. It seems like whenever I start to do well I get a period of stress/depression because of things happening in life and I struggle with eating, and then I don't lose. It might only be a day or two that I go off track but this has really prevented any loss, instead I've just maintained my weight for the last year. A year is a really long time to tread water!! I know I need to break the cycle and I keep getting motivated to do just that but find myself back at square one again.
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Preach!

I have MASSIVE stalls, irregardless how I eat. When I say massive, I'm talking I lose a few pounds and cannot lose another pound for another 6 months.
.strawberry.
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM
I have been losing the same 5lbs over and over for the last year. Just two weeks ago I was at 143 and now it's 146. I workout everyday just to live in this shit body. Lol

Quoting BeAmour:

Preach!

I have MASSIVE stalls, irregardless how I eat. When I say massive, I'm talking I lose a few pounds and cannot lose another pound for another 6 months.
BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I feel ya!

Quoting .strawberry.:

I have been losing the same 5lbs over and over for the last year. Just two weeks ago I was at 143 and now it's 146. I workout everyday just to live in this shit body. Lol

Quoting BeAmour:

Preach!

advocaremom509
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Hello! I can completely relate to what you are going through! Have you tried mixing up your workout? Have you tried carb cycling? What diet supplements are you taking? and how much water are you drinking?...sorry for ALL the questions, but I want to help you through your frustration & don't want you to give up!
.strawberry.
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM
My issue is really just sticking to a calorie deficit, plain and simple. I'm used to over-eating.

I have no idea what carb cycling is. I don't take diet supplements (nor would I ever). I don't track water but its all I drink, that and green tea (unsweetened). Probably well over 8 glasses.

Quoting advocaremom509:

Hello! I can completely relate to what you are going through! Have you tried mixing up your workout? Have you tried carb cycling? What diet supplements are you taking? and how much water are you drinking?...sorry for ALL the questions, but I want to help you through your frustration & don't want you to give up!
Dreamly
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I hear you, ive been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds but have finally found my motivation to move forward. I'm not really going to track my weight loss journey by pounds all the time, mainly with how my clothes fit. But I'm still interesting to see the scale move from time to time.

MichelleSpann
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:00 PM

You CAN do this! One thing I've learned over the last year with losing a substantial amount of weight is that even if I stick to it 150% I still have times where I plateau and don't lose. It's normal. Hang in there!!! :)

mandaboo99
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Congratulations on maintaining :) Try to go by measurements and pics than by a number on a scale :) youll find your soulmate program and itll be easier :) what are you doing now?? Ive lost just ove 100lbs It feels great to hit those goals, you can do it!!

.strawberry.
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
What do you mean by soulmate program and what is yours?
I just use myfitnesspal and do exercise videos/walking. I try to eat as clean as possible (though I'm a pretty bad cook so my diet is pretty bland/boring).

Quoting mandaboo99:

Congratulations on maintaining :) Try to go by measurements and pics than by a number on a scale :) youll find your soulmate program and itll be easier :) what are you doing now?? Ive lost just ove 100lbs It feels great to hit those goals, you can do it!!

ChromeCowgirl37
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I <3 myfitnesspal!! I started using it less than a week ago, and I am already losing weight! I was sedentary for the last few months due to a broken ankle, and I gained about 6 to 8 lbs, which, fortunately, has come right back off. But I love the accountability of myfitnesspal and the fact that it does all the calculations for you!
Quoting .strawberry.:

What do you mean by soulmate program and what is yours?
I just use myfitnesspal and do exercise videos/walking. I try to eat as clean as possible (though I'm a pretty bad cook so my diet is pretty bland/boring).

Quoting mandaboo99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN