Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Do you keep any snacks on hand?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

One of the problems I am having with weight loss is eating when I should. Often times I skip meals because I am always on the go. Bad, I know.

When you are out and about or might not make it home in time to eat, do you keep snacks or mini meals on hand?

What types of things do you keep on you?

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I usually keep trail mix or a granola bar in my car along with bottled water.

Dreamly
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Yes. I have snack baggies of things like grapes, apples, etc and also a 90 calorie fiber one bar. Always have bottled water on hand also

MichelleSpann
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I struggled with that at first. Now I've learned that if I don't eat every couple of hours, I am just causing my body to starve (which then makes me hold onto fat like you wouldn't believe!). I've lost almost 100 lbs in the last year and after the first 50 came off I really had to pay attention to  how often I was eating. I always keep snacks in my purse and if I'm home I cut up fruits/veggies to snack on then. When I'm out and about snacks I like are, almonds, reduced fat wheat thins, or protein bars.

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Baby carrots, celery, Cukes, red peppers and hummus, bananas and peanut butter, almond, popcorn (air popped no butter) oranges
dmwood
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Apples, bananas, clementines, and trail mix are all easy snacks to grab on the way out the door. I try to always have something with me for me or my kids. 

mattsmate
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM

At work, I have seaweed snacks rom Trader Joe's. I also have apple slices and TJ's better n peanut butter (only 100 cal/ 2 tbsp). I also try to eat something every few hours just to keep myself in balance. I am hypoglycemic so I need to have something with protein near by. 

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2010)

big smile mini

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I have to keep snacks handy in case my blood sugars drop too low.  I have fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, jerky, and cheese.

Reina13
by Reina on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Wow, 100 pounds. How did you do it? That is so fantastic.

Quoting MichelleSpann:

I struggled with that at first. Now I've learned that if I don't eat every couple of hours, I am just causing my body to starve (which then makes me hold onto fat like you wouldn't believe!). I've lost almost 100 lbs in the last year and after the first 50 came off I really had to pay attention to  how often I was eating. I always keep snacks in my purse and if I'm home I cut up fruits/veggies to snack on then. When I'm out and about snacks I like are, almonds, reduced fat wheat thins, or protein bars.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:35 AM

I always have food with me...apple, grapes, carrots or other raw veggies, granola bar, water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)