Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions about P90x

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:50 PM
  • 26 Replies
Have any of y'all tried it?

How were your results?

What do you like & dislike about it?

What equipment did you buy for it?
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iloveeandc
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Yes, I recently finished it a couple of months ago to lose my post preggy weight and got amazing results. I was able to lose 36 pounds plus get toned. I liked it because I could do it in the comfort of my own home and it was really fun, hard, but fun :-) All I bought was some resistance bands from walmart so very afforable. Are you thinking about doing it yourself?

mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Yes

None at all even following the meal plan and the program completely

I loathe Tony Horton with a passion

You will need: a pull bar, 4 sets of weights or resistance bands

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Mena929
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Wow no results at all?? That's crazy!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yes

mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Quoting Mena929:

Wow no results at all?? That's crazy!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yes

Nope...no inches and no lbs.. Dh didn't have very good results either..he has had better results from CrossFit than X ever gave him. That said, I had great results with Insanity. :-)

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I haven't tried it. A friend of mine really likes it. Her only complaint was that the workouts aren't all the same length.

Ive done insanity and loved it.
MommyKir
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I didn't do p90x but I did do Insanity. and let me tell you, it is rightly named! Amazing results and you do not need anything for it he has you use your own body as weights.....

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM

If you order from a coach your equipment should come with your program. P90X is a fantastic program!! you can use resistance bands in the place of a chin up bar if need be. how active are you now??

guardedheart
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Yes, did it back in 2007...best shape I have ever been in. Didn't need to lose weight back then, just toned up really well. Doing it again now...had baby in October, so using it along with Insanity to get back in shape.

Currently on recovery week of month 2. Down 6 pounds since start date and plenty of inches.

I love Tony Horton...he is cheesy, yet funny and interesting:) I hate how on some DVDs he keeps talking a little too much though... want to get on with it sometimes:). My husband and I both also dislike Yoga X...it is quite challenging and long!

My husband bought the pull up bar back in 2007 and still uses it now...very well made and be even takes it on business trips with him:). I bought the resistance bands and use them with a door adapter for the pull ups. I also use weights bought from Walmart...hubby has the Bowflex select tech weights. We also bought 2 thick workout mats and 2 yoga mats back in 2007 which are still in great shape from Walmart and Hibbett's sports. They are not a necessary purchase, but helpful. The resistance bands with door adapter and 3-5 pound weights are really all you have to have and can all be purchased at Walmart or any sports store.

Good luck if you go for it! Just keep pushing play:)
BabyRuca
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Yes, dh & I plan to start it together. I am really excited & wanted to get some input from others that have tried it.

Quoting iloveeandc:

Yes, I recently finished it a couple of months ago to lose my post preggy weight and got amazing results. I was able to lose 36 pounds plus get toned. I liked it because I could do it in the comfort of my own home and it was really fun, hard, but fun :-) All I bought was some resistance bands from walmart so very afforable. Are you thinking about doing it yourself?

BabyRuca
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I'm pretty active. I work in a warehouse and am doing very physically demanding work ft. I run 3 days a week, 2 miles are my short runs. I do cross training on the days that I don't run and rest on Sundays. Yoga & Pilate's every morning Monday - Friday before work too.

I used to do even more, I'm finally getting back to my old self after having had some health issues. I'm in the clear now, though the doctor gave the okay to get back into working out a few weeks ago.

I'm going to use p90x to replace all my current workouts until I finish it.

Quoting mandaboo99:If you order from a coach your equipment should come with your program. P90X is a fantastic program!! you can use resistance bands in the place of a chin up bar if need be. how active are you now??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)