Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Nikki's Weight Loss Journal

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM
  • 21 Replies
4 moms liked this

I'm Nikki,

I am currently about 70 pounds overweight and very out of shape. I have been off and on dieting and exercising for the last 5 years and I am hoping that I will finally be able to stick what I'm doing if I keep a journal.

I gained all of my weight by eating a lot of fast food. I lived alone and was working 2 jobs plus school so ate out a lot. I gained 60 pounds in 7 months and now have been struggling to get the weight off. Mainly because I don't stick to my diet/exercise plan. Now my life has settled down some so going to give this another try.

I have just cut coffee (which was more just creamer) and pop out of my diet. I haven't had either one in a little over a week. I do not cook a whole lot so I have been eating a lot of TV dinners, 100 calorie snacks, and occassionally fast food. This week, I am also cutting all of those out of my diet and replacing them with fruits, veggies, and healier meals. I have already bought my snacks and I have them portioned in snack bags with the calorie amount written on the bag.

I haven't exercised a lot yet. My job is sedentary so I don't get a lot of exercise throughout the day, however we got a dog last week and I have been taking him for 2 walks a day. I will be staring Insanity or TapOut on Monday. I have attempted them previously but never got past week 1.

I know the diet will be hard and the exercises will be painful but I am going to stick to it this time because I know anyone can read this and I don't want anyone to think that I gave up.

So...Here We Go!!!

by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elephantsin1
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:17 AM

OMG! I don't think I have ever eaten so many fruits and veggies in one day before. I measured all of my food out before puting it on my plate, which is something I have never done before. I was surprised by how much food I ate today compared to what I was eating before.

I did have a slight set back. I drank a cup of coffee this morning. I was so tired this morning and needed caffeine. It was either coffee or pop so I figured coffee was the better option.

I made sure to go on my two walks with my dog today. Tomorrow I start my exercise routine.

CrappyHappy
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I am happy to read that you are ready to get fit and live a healthy lifestyle. I will most definatly keeping an eye on you and wish you the best. If you need someone to talk I am here :) Just know you are not alone.

CrappyHappy
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Keep it up!!! your doin great. just KEEP MOVING!!! And don't forget the water... LOT'S OF WATER

elephantsin1
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Thank you. I have a hard time with the water. I am up to 4 glasses a day now from my 0 glasses before. Working towards my 8 glasses. Will get there eventually.

Quoting CrappyHappy:

Keep it up!!! your doin great. just KEEP MOVING!!! And don't forget the water... LOT'S OF WATER

elephantsin1
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

So I started TapOut XT today. Holy painful!! So many planks, push ups, and crunches! I didn't know there were so many ways to do one exercise. Right now my arms and legs feel like jello. I know I will be hurting tomorrow, but it is worth it.

I was very good with my diet today. No processed or fast foods and no caffeine. I weighed myself this morning and in 2 pounds I will weigh less than I did before I got pregnant. :)

My goals for this week:

Drink 6 glasses of water a day.

TapOut every day.

No fast food.

CrappyHappy
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM

What is Tapout?

elephantsin1
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Similar to Insanity. It is based on MMA fighters workouts.

Quoting CrappyHappy:

What is Tapout?

elephantsin1
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I could lie and say that I had a great day today. That I did everything I should have and I didn't have any set backs with eating and my exercises were awesome. I'm not going to do that though. To be honest, today sucked!

Sure, I did my exercises and went for my two walks today. I was good as far as that went. However, I half assed my exercises because I was still hurting from my routine yesterday. I don't mean pulled a muscle hurt. My whole body is aching. My arms throb every time I use them, my legs ache every time I sit down or stand up and OMG my stomach from all of those crunches! I still did my exercise routine today though. I am determined to get through all 90 days of this routine this time!

My diet today is another story. I had such a hectic and crazy morning that by the time lunch came around I wanted to eat. And boy did I eat. I didn't eat a lot, I just ate BAD!! I went out for lunch today...Wendy's burger and fries. Don't worry, I made sure to not give into the pop, though I'm sure it wouldn't have made much of a difference. I am a stress eater and I know that. I have tried healthy snacks when I get stressed but I want something sugary or fatty. Today when I ate though, I felt awful. I felt fat and bloated and like I had just gained all my weight back. Like I had thrown away everything I have been working for.

Tomorrow is a new day and it will be a better day. I won't make the same mistake twice!

CrappyHappy
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM

We all fall at some point in our journey! but the main thing is you get back up! It never gets easier you just get better!! And i personally think you can eat what you want just portion. you want that piece of cake? fine go get it.. but in portion. and just keep moving!!! I can not stress how much that is important! And of course your going to hurt LOL Girl that is your fat screaming!! haha your doin great! you rock

Quoting elephantsin1:

I could lie and say that I had a great day today. That I did everything I should have and I didn't have any set backs with eating and my exercises were awesome. I'm not going to do that though. To be honest, today sucked!

Sure, I did my exercises and went for my two walks today. I was good as far as that went. However, I half assed my exercises because I was still hurting from my routine yesterday. I don't mean pulled a muscle hurt. My whole body is aching. My arms throb every time I use them, my legs ache every time I sit down or stand up and OMG my stomach from all of those crunches! I still did my exercise routine today though. I am determined to get through all 90 days of this routine this time!

My diet today is another story. I had such a hectic and crazy morning that by the time lunch came around I wanted to eat. And boy did I eat. I didn't eat a lot, I just ate BAD!! I went out for lunch today...Wendy's burger and fries. Don't worry, I made sure to not give into the pop, though I'm sure it wouldn't have made much of a difference. I am a stress eater and I know that. I have tried healthy snacks when I get stressed but I want something sugary or fatty. Today when I ate though, I felt awful. I felt fat and bloated and like I had just gained all my weight back. Like I had thrown away everything I have been working for.

Tomorrow is a new day and it will be a better day. I won't make the same mistake twice!

elephantsin1
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Thanks for the support. Having a better day today so far. Back on track and eating good. LOL. Good to know that's my fat screaming. My fat has tortured me for years, it's about time I return the favor!!

Quoting CrappyHappy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)