Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Workout scheduling insight

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  • 0 Replies

Hey Ladies, I would love your insight.  

Summer in Wisconsin doesn't (usually) last long, but man this one has been HOT! (not complaining, just pointing it out! haha!)  It is making it difficult to run in the evenings.  (This spring/early summer I would plop DD in the stroller when DH left for work at 6:30, and be home by 7:30 from my run just in time to wind DD down an dput her to bed.  That worked great until about July when the evening temps started staying into the 80's.  Now it's cooler in the am (as in I could comfortably run). But in order to run I would need to wake DD up at 5am to go. I really don't want to do that!  So I have been running on the treadmill instead, but I'm SO SICK OF IT!  I don't want to burn myself out on the treadmill before winter, so I would like to take advantage of as much outside running as possible.  (It's so hard to let the dog out and feel the crisp cool air and then proceed to drag myself down to the humid basement!)  The last two days I haven't been able to push myself beyond 2 miles :( Outside I can easily run 5 miles.  

I guess I'm in a bit of a rut.  My weightloss has stalled because my workouts are suffering.   I get 4 good days to work out when DH is home (I can run early in the am outside two days, but I have a hard time running two days in a row, my feet and knees start acting up), then 4 days where I do next to nothing.  

And I'm still having a hard time coming up with a consistent routine for strength training.  When I can get to the gym I do great, (once I figure out what to do) but it's hard to get there.  And I get too distracted by "chores" at home that i will start something, then get interrupted and forget to finish.  I know I need to make it a priority.  I used to love strength at the gym!  This is such a change for me! Cardio used to be the bane of my existence! 

So how do you kill the boredom on the treadmill, beat the humidity (I have the air set at 72,, but I still am sweating bullets after 10 min running).  

Luckily my clean eating has helped me maintain/keep losing (I've only lost 2lbs in the last 2 months, which is way better than nothing!) But I really want to get active again like I was this spring!! I never thought I would say this, but I can't wait til fall! 

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)