Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I have two three year old girls. We live in an apartment so not a lot of room outside to play. We do go on daily walks with our dog but I would like to mix things up a little to keep it fun. What kinds of exercises can we do together inside?

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Replies (11-19):
elephantsin1
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I tried doing TapOut with them but they didn't really show any interest in doing it.

Quoting iloveeandc:

My boys are pretty small, but they loved doing P90X at home with me, I lost the weight I wanted to and got super toned all the while having fun with them. :-) Have you ever thought about foing something like that?

Quoting elephantsin1:I would like to lose about 70 pounds. I am doing TapOut also so just looking for some fun exercises/activities to do with my girls to keep us all active.
Quoting iloveeandc:

What kind of fitness/weight loss goals do you have?

jamminmomma
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Yep there is the board is orange and green and there are the Nickeloden characters such as Dora and Diego, the Backyardigans, and some of the other characters not sure which others there are but my 5 year old loves his.. I bought his at Big Lots for Christmas for only $20 but I know Walmart has them as well yo can go on Walmart.com and look to find out how much it is and site to store it or maybe find it in your local store.. 

Quoting elephantsin1:

That's great! They try to do Wii Fit but only so much they can do. I never knew that was a Nickelodeon Fit. I love sit ups/crunches so that will work good too.

Quoting jamminmomma:

If you have a Wii, you get do the Wii fit and get the Nickelodeon Fit for kids for them and have them do the kids version with you !! I have both one for my 5 year old and the Wii fit Plus for myself I havn't used it much this Summer but will use it a lot this Winter when I cannot get outside. You could do things like sit ups with your kids. 

elephantsin1
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM
That's awesome! Thank you.

Quoting jamminmomma:

Yep there is the board is orange and green and there are the Nickeloden characters such as Dora and Diego, the Backyardigans, and some of the other characters not sure which others there are but my 5 year old loves his.. I bought his at Big Lots for Christmas for only $20 but I know Walmart has them as well yo can go on Walmart.com and look to find out how much it is and site to store it or maybe find it in your local store.. 

Quoting elephantsin1:That's great! They try to do Wii Fit but only so much they can do. I never knew that was a Nickelodeon Fit. I love sit ups/crunches so that will work good too.

Quoting jamminmomma:

If you have a Wii, you get do the Wii fit and get the Nickelodeon Fit for kids for them and have them do the kids version with you !! I have both one for my 5 year old and the Wii fit Plus for myself I havn't used it much this Summer but will use it a lot this Winter when I cannot get outside. You could do things like sit ups with your kids. 

jamminmomma
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:14 PM

You are welcome !!!!

Quoting elephantsin1:

That's awesome! Thank you.

Quoting jamminmomma:

Quoting elephantsin1:That's great! They try to do Wii Fit but only so much they can do. I never knew that was a Nickelodeon Fit. I love sit ups/crunches so that will work good too.

Quoting jamminmomma:

v2011
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:43 PM

When my boys and I were in an apartment we would find a park and play tag.  I was always it until they got older to out run me.   You could dance.  My 12 and 15 y/o sons will put on the radio and we will just dance and dance, it's amazing cardio and super fun.  

Mom2five87
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Dancing, Wii games like Just Dance, Zumba, Wii Fit. My kids love it when I do those games. They always try to play along with me.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM

My 5 and 3 yo boys enjoy practicing yoga with me. It's fun for them because so many of the poses are named after animals and common objects (tree pose, bridge pose). By the end of it we were cracking up, and of corse it ended in a wrestle/tickle match:)

KJH618
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Check your area for a baby bootcamp. We have one and its so fun. A group of moms meet to do an outdoor workout with your kids in strollers. The leader is a certified trainer. It's an awesome workout and you will meet other moms that have similar interests as you bc u r all tryi g to be healthy. After class we always let our kids out to play. So not only did mommy get a good sweat but kids get to play with their friends and hopefully be ready for a nap later. One of our locations is right by whole foods so many of us get our grocery shopping done and feed the kids while we chit chat.
AmyLynn5398
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:51 PM

My girls ages 2 and 5 love learning dance routines.  You can learn Thriller dance, or other popular pop dance routines, and line dances.  We also put on songs and dance together.  Also they do exercises with me when I do my exercise videos.  Its so cute that it makes it fun! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)