Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Clean eating and local produce

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

We have recently switched to clean eating and I have been buying all organic produce. I would like to go to my local farmers market but are hearing some say organic only. Would local produce be ok to eat while eating clean? I do have 3 kids ( 6 & 1yr old twins) that I am also trying to feed clean good food. I am also buying raw milk cheese and was wondering if it is ok to give to the kids? Thanks

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
katherinemcp
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:01 AM
In my area, the majority of farmers who are at the farmer's markets follow organic practices without being certified or are at some point in the certification process. It never hurts to go and ask, you might be surprised!
cc5112
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I agree with pp. Local Farmers Markets produce  is fresher than market produce and sometimes cheaper as well. Good luck!

Blue369
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Quoting katherinemcp:

In my area, the majority of farmers who are at the farmer's markets follow organic practices without being certified or are at some point in the certification process. It never hurts to go and ask, you might be surprised!

Thanks, I did go and asked them and most were not organic. I still did buy some of the produce and even picked up some goat milk for my girls to try.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Yep...I agree here!

Quoting cc5112:

I agree with pp. Local Farmers Markets produce  is fresher than market produce and sometimes cheaper as well. Good luck!

Blue369
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Quoting cc5112:

Thanks, I did go and asked them and most were not organic. I still did buy some of the produce and even picked up some goat milk for my girls to try.

cc5112
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Wow! You got goat's milk from a farmer's market? Was is expensive? Goat's milk at our local market is very expensive. I've yet to see it sold at our local farmer's market. Good for you ! What a score... :)

Quoting Blue369:

Quoting cc5112:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN