Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Shelby's Weight Loss Journal

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:34 PM
  • 0 Replies

Hey I'm Shelby. I am 19 and I have a beautiful 5 month old daughter named Chloe. A few weeks ago I was online just messing around and I ended up on a site about overweight people and took a short quiz. I ended up finding out that I am not over weight, but I am morbidly obese. I never thought I was that big. I have always been overweight, but reading that just hit me. I cried and looked at my beautiful baby girl sleeping and realized something had to change. I could not keep on the way I have been because my daughter needs me. 3 weeks ago I weighed myself and I weighed 272lbs and I am only 5 foot 4 inches. Thats a lot of woman in a short body. So I made some changes. I work out during my daughters nap everyday and I dont eat nearly as much, and I drink a lot less pop nowadays. I weighed myself again monday and the scale read 266lbs. That doesn't seem like much because I am so ready to be much smaller but I am still very proud of what i have accomplished. My goal weight is 135. My husband has the exact opposite problem to mine. He is 21 and weighs only 125lbs at 6 foot. He can't seem to gain weight. My weight more than doubles his and that kills me. I feel like I am not worthy of him sometimes because he is just that much more attractive than I am. Well thats how I feel anyway, he completely disagrees. I love him to death and I know he loves me but I don't know how to get him to support my weight loss more and I cannot figure out how to help him gain weight. I think we are starting to get better at helping each other it is just so difficult. It will be worth it though. When I can look in the mirror and not feel so horrible about the way I look I will be so happy.

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)