Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Couch to 5k

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM
  • 17 Replies
Anyone followed it before? I plan on starting it when the kids go back to school in a week and a half...just looking for opinions from those who have done it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
big_red05
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I have not but I will be doing it with my 6 year old soon :)
Amber5151
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I'm about to start with my step daughter soon!
cj123573
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

This is the program that I'm going to start with as soon as I'm cleared by the doc (had my daughter 10 days ago).  I had started it and got to week 4 when I got pregnant and had really liked it. 

Two or three of my friends have used it and all of them have continued on using running as their primary source of exercise (and they all love it too!) 

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I'm doing it now. Love it!

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I started running with c25k about a year and a half ago. It worked for me! I've done a few half marathons, a triathlon, lots of 5k's, mud runs including tough mudder, one 10k and I'm training for my first full marathon now. Stick to it and don't give up and you'll be a runner before you know it :)
andrea96
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I have done it, and I highly recommend it. Don't be afraid to repeat a week if you need to.

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I did it and I'm currently working on the 5k to 10k program.  I was never a runner (I failed running the mile in under 12 minutes all 4 years of high school!)  Now so far this year I ran a 5K and a 4 mile race!  It's an awesome workout and I love it! 

lovebugs_mom906
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I started it this past spring and got through week 5 or 6 before stopping due to pregnancy. I plan on starting again here in a couple weeks. If it can get me to run, it can get anyone torun :-)
CrappyHappy
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Well I am know where close to run yet... But school here in Ohio starts tuesday (half day) I will be walking, slowly then build myself up to do 5 mi. a day. Then i will be running/jogging.

KEEP MOVING ~jumping rope

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Thanks, ladies! I'm excited to get with it!

There is a 5k that goes through my neighborhood in May...it's called the M.O.M. run. It stands for Mind Over Matter and is in honor and support of mental health awareness and suicide prevention. I have had 3 friends commit suicide in the last 3 years, so it's a cause very near to me. I want to run it in their honor!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN