Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Talking Food

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:35 AM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this

I went grocery shopping yesterday and realized something. So very much of our food is preprocessed, added to and reconstiuted I am amazed we are living into our 90's now.  I buy a great deal of healthy foods but just really looking at all the stuff I used to think I needed in my cart and how just UNhealthy it all is amazes me. 

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
housewifehell
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

That is what made me decided to change to clean eating. Once I started seeing how much NON FOOD is in what is marketed as food I realized that was why all my attempts at weight loss in the past had failed. I wasn't eating food I was eating chemicals that I thought were ok for me because I had been fed all the advertising all my life about what to eat. What a joke!  My DH gets annoyed at the food manufacturers when we come across something that he wants and then he reads the labels and finds out there is something in it that isnt food. Honestly that is the thought that has helped me break my food addiction. I keep reminding myself that if there is a non food ingredient then its simply not food and there is no reason to eat it.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep...totally see what you mean!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)