Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Share Your Workout! Aug. 26-Sept. 1

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 13 Replies

Post your daily workouts for the week of August 26th in the replies below!

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HappyGirl77
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:11 AM

WELL...Insanity week 5 starts today...honestly, I am a bit scared as i was sick most all of last week and did not get in all my workouts.  So we will see how this week goes.

My GOALS are:

Insanity daily with daily runs as well.  I am getting ready for my morning run with my neighbor in 20 minutes.

ETA:  Just did a 3.8 mi run (neighbor did great but was tired so we quit a bit early...I still have a jog with my dh tonight thought :)), finished Insanity...did a video from Week 4 since I knew I needed to take a few days to get back to the full swing of things from being sick.  Feel great and logging on myfitnesspal!.

Thanks CM for keeping me accountable!

It is never to late to be what you might have been ~George Eliot~

Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent ~Eleanor Roosevelt~

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Awesome job!!

My son goes back to school tomorrow, so I can get back on a workout schedule. It is been really sporadic with him home this summer.

Quoting HappyGirl77:

WELL...Insanity week 5 starts today...honestly, I am a bit scared as i was sick most all of last week and did not get in all my workouts.  So we will see how this week goes.

My GOALS are:

Insanity daily with daily runs as well.  I am getting ready for my morning run with my neighbor in 20 minutes.

ETA:  Just did a 3.8 mi run (neighbor did great but was tired so we quit a bit early...I still have a jog with my dh tonight thought :)), finished Insanity...did a video from Week 4 since I knew I needed to take a few days to get back to the full swing of things from being sick.  Feel great and logging on myfitnesspal!.

Thanks CM for keeping me accountable!

Momz3kids
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Hi 

I do px90 and love it

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Monday - Ran 3.2 miles (ran the whole thing instead of the walk/run intervals I have done before)

Tuesday - I hope to get to the gym if DD is still napping when I get home from work, otherwise I will do my arms circuit in the living room.

Wednesday -active rest day - take DD for a walk/bike ride around the park if the heat index isn't too high otherwise we'll play in the pool

Thursday - 4 mile run and leg routine in the evening

Friday - ab routine (at home.  don't like doing abs at the gym)

Saturday - Hopefully we'll be camping so a family hike or bike ride

Sunday - more camping! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Today ended up being a rest day...didn't have time for a run, but will make time tomorrow though!

Tuesday - 4-5 mile run

Wednesday - 3-4 mile run

Thursday - rest day

Friday - 5-6 mile run

Saturday - 5-6 mile run

Dreamly
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Walked the mall today, not really a real work out. The real work out starts tomorrow. My duaghter has to catch the bus at 620am so I will start walking our country roads with the baby after the bus leaves. It has hills, ouch lol. Then in the evenings I will do either Jillian Michaels 30 day shred or her kick boxing video.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Now that my kid is back in school, I am able to set a more firm workout schedule. I have classes 4 days a week and will get in some cardio as well. 

Imaeve2000
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Any single moms? How do you work out with baby? 

v2011
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Monday - In the gym - leg workout :  Start on the treadmill for 10 minutes, 5 walking up hill to start, 5 jogging at no incline.  I do two presses that hit all the muscle group in the legs.  The first press I have my legs about shoulder width apart to hit the legs evenly and on the second place my legs closer to hit the outside muscles more.  Then I do a Romanian dead lift with dumbbells, leg extensions, leg curls, and weighted calf extensions.   All 3-4 sets with 12-15 reps.

Tuesday- Back workout- 10 mins on treadmill again, Start with cable lat pull downs, Bent over dumbbell rows, Barbell rows standing at a wide grip, ISO lat pulls on the high grip. Sometimes I do face pulls depending on my level of fatigue. 

Wednesday- Cardio, interval training on treadmill or stair stepper.

Thursday- Legs, again

Friday- Chest workout, start with cardio warm up 10 mins, Dumbbell press, incline ISO chest press,  no assist dips, Cable flies, incline cable flies. Shoulder raises single arm on the cables, cable crossovers.

Saturday- Hiking or speed Frisbee with my son (throwing it with no rest, and you must run, jump or do whatever it takes to catch the Frisbee!) or light cardio at the gym, walking up hill for 30 mins or stair stepper and arms, Biceps, preacher curls, cable curls, hammer curls, triceps, or the head rope pulls, isolation cable extensions, cable extensions using a bar.

I rest on Sunday.  If I am tired on Wednesday I rest then too and pick up my cardio on Friday morning because I have the day off.  I spend maybe 30 to 45 minutes on my workouts. 

v2011
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Are you a member of a gym or do you workout at home?

Quoting Imaeve2000:

Any single moms? How do you work out with baby? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)