Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Clean eating book? Strength training

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM
  • 7 Replies
What's the name of some good books to read up on clean eating? I do better with staying motivated if I keep reading up and researching.

Thanks!

Eta- how do you come up with a strength training plan? Back when I worked with a trainer they laid it all out for me and I followed the paper. How do I come up with a good "plan" on my own and not just bounce around the gym like a lost puppy?
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KJH618
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Beyond bacon

I do crossfit and rely on my coach for my training plan. He always posts it online so if you are familiar with the moves and lingo just steal the wod's.

Www.crossfitblaze.com another one I follow is crossfitmom.com if you go to the main site crossfit.com they also post wod's and have video demo stations for each move. If you are not familiar with the exercise I suggest getting professional help so you don't hurt yourself. Form is extremely important and even the coaches needs a tweak here and there especially when fatigue sets in. I like someone watching me all the time so I dont slip up.
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:00 PM
You can google strength training routines. Also the book The New Rules of Lifting For Women is excellent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Yep...Les is right on this one!

Quoting Lesgerm:

You can google strength training routines. Also the book The New Rules of Lifting For Women is excellent.

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Thanks for the tips! My friend's husband is interested in starting a crossfit gym when he returns from deployment. We're going to start by having a 5am class a few days a week. (Just him, his wife, and my husband and I).

I am not interested in hiring a trainer/coach at this point as I've been burned twice by personal trainers! I am not wasting my hard earned money in that again! I guess I can find workouts to do, I just need to get better about creating circuits/routines and letting go of my perfectionist mentality. (If I can't do it perfectly I won't do it at all).

Quoting KJH618:

Beyond bacon

I do crossfit and rely on my coach for my training plan. He always posts it online so if you are familiar with the moves and lingo just steal the wod's.

Www.crossfitblaze.com another one I follow is crossfitmom.com if you go to the main site crossfit.com they also post wod's and have video demo stations for each move. If you are not familiar with the exercise I suggest getting professional help so you don't hurt yourself. Form is extremely important and even the coaches needs a tweak here and there especially when fatigue sets in. I like someone watching me all the time so I dont slip up.

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Awesome! I'll look for that one! Thanks!

Quoting Lesgerm:

v2011
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I like her books...

http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Clean-Diet-Recharged-Lasting-Better/dp/1552100677/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1378400492&sr=1-4&keywords=clean+eating

The author is Tosca Reno.  She is over the age of 50 and looks amazing.  I've cooked lots from this book and the food is super good, even deserts. 

This...

http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Bodybuilding-Complete--Z-Building/dp/1552100510/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1378400621&sr=1-6&keywords=bodybuilding

Has workout plans in it and you can probably find it at your library.  You will get direction on how to do the exersizes properly. I beleive they have just body weight exersizes in there too, but I can't remember.  Dont let the title throw you.  The workouts are not just ones men can do, it tells you why form is so important, what building strength and muscle can do for your, lots of info.

Check out Albris.com, they have a lot of these books for super cheap.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I really like The Eat Clean Diet: Recharged by Tosca Reno.  Clean Eating magazine is a great resource, too.  Their sister magazine, Oxygen, is all about body building for women, and the models are fantastic, not the kind you see in Cosmo or Shape.  You've probably seen my journal with the basics, but I'll link it again (here).

I keep wanting the read The New Rules of Lifting for Women.  I hear nothing but good things about it!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN