Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Starting Insanity September 3. Any tips?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 12 Replies

I just received my Insanity package in the mail yesterday. I am excited to start, but Auntie Flo is here and Mondays are my rest days. So, I think I should be good-to-go for Tuesday. I am a little nervous, though. I have done P90X and Turbo FIre a couple of times. But, I know this is much more intense.

I would appreciate any tips from any Insanity vets.

Thanks!

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Guess I should have checked the page before posting. I see another post with simliar question today.

Sweet_Punk
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Do you have a coach?? 

That's something that helped tremendously for me!  Having my coach and her group supporting me was a game changer!

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I haven't done Insanity yet (I'm doing Focus T25), but this is a huge help!  Having people you are accountable to can go a long way and really help you out - especially on those down days or hard days.  It's also good to have people you can ask questions of and get tips from.

If you are looking for a coach or would like to be part of a group, feel free to contact me.

Quoting Sweet_Punk:

Do you have a coach?? 

That's something that helped tremendously for me!  Having my coach and her group supporting me was a game changer!

lilmami316
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM

its hard and youll be sore for a few days i had to stop becausei got pregnant again but after i ahve my baby i plan to get back on it and lose weight i want to be down to my pre pregnancy weight from my first baby and thats145-150

mysticatgal
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll be doing it a month later after I finish the Focus T25 challenge. Good luck! A tip I can think of is just to do what you can, you will find you can do more at the end of the month. It's tough but make sure you do proper techniques so you don't hurt yourself.
crabbyD
by Diana on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
BUY GOOD SHOES AND USE PROPER FORM! You don't want any knee injuries :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Does it cost anything? I already had to buy this on the downlow as we do not have much money. 

Quoting Sweet_Punk:

Do you have a coach?? 

LivinDeadGurl
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Coaching is free. You should totally PM Ashley (Sweet_Punk). She is my coach and is an awesome one! It really does help a lot.

Quoting KCisPaulsMom:

Does it cost anything? I already had to buy this on the downlow as we do not have much money. 

Quoting Sweet_Punk:

Do you have a coach?? 

LivinDeadGurl
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Also, take your time. If you need to take a break, DO IT! It's okay to pause the program and get some extra rest when needed. I remember when I started, I had a hard time making it through a whole dvd. It does get easier.

KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Thanks!

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Also, take your time. If you need to take a break, DO IT! It's okay to pause the program and get some extra rest when needed. I remember when I started, I had a hard time making it through a whole dvd. It does get easier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)