Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How do you stay on track when you are out?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

This weekend we are going to two draft parties on different days, having a BBQ ( I can control that because I will be home) and taking my son to the raceway.

All these places scream really bad food. How do you stay on track with eating when 3 out of 4 days you wont be able to control the menu? 

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I try to eat lightly all day when we have poker games- so I don't have to worry as much about the food we will have

some days- I just take "off" but the day before and after I will eat at the low low end of my range

mellienium
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM

will you be there the whole day for those events?  if not, you can eat really clean before and after the events.  while at the event choose the least "bad food" and remember portion control.

v2011
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Quoting mellienium:

will you be there the whole day for those events?  if not, you can eat really clean before and after the events.  while at the event choose the least "bad food" and remember portion control.

This ^^^

I also drink a lot of water when I start to have a craving or make myself eat the healty choice first and usually I get full and don't want the bad stuff after.

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Is going to the grocery store and bringing your own snacks, sandwiches, ect.. an option?

If not I agree with the other post about watching your portion control! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)