Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I need clean eating friends! Add me!

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

Sunday I am going to clean out my cabinets of all junk and processed crap and then I'm gonna go grocery shopping. And starting Monday, I am going to give clean eating another try. I really wanna do it! It's just so hard at the beginning. I think I lasted a week last time. lol.

I know I am going to have a lot of trouble giving up the processed condiments like mayo, salad dressing, sour cream, etc. I would really like to find some good recipes for mayo, ranch dressing and taco seasoning. Those are things we use A LOT and I would like to make my own clean versions but there are SO many recipes out there, I don't know which ones are really any good.

So anyway... I am just looking for some clean eating friends to chat with and share advice, recipes, etc...so I'll have more motivation to stick with it this time!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mom2five87
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:13 PM

BUMP!

.strawberry.
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:01 AM

It's so hard to eat clean here in America. Most ready-made things you can buy are full of chemicals so unless you want to make everything from scratch or go without you will do a lot of prepping.

My advice is to start training yourself to hold off on the condiments. It's just added calories/salt/fat anyways. I was a condiment nut before and I've gotten down to these few: Mustard, and Italian (homemade) dressing for salads.

Taco seasoning is literally just chili powder. If you want a good recipe, do 1TBSP chili powder, 1 1/2 TBSP ground cumin, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (if you don't want it spicy, go without), 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp salt.

.strawberry.
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:03 AM

And i'll add if you can't give up condiments try Whole Foods or do some investigating to find brands that don't contain bad chemicals. I did this for awhile but the prices are higher so I eventually gave them up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)