Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Welcome to Weight Loss, Fitness & Health! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Healthy Weight, Fitness & Health group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at  Weight Loss, Fitness & Health!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Replies (61-70):
GleeFan
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Hi Musama. I agree that staying healthy is important. I am losing weight for just that reason. 

Quoting Musama:

Hi,

am musama 24 married with two kids,i live in Zambia,just joined cafe mom and thought of joining this group bcoz its just good to stay healthy,if losing weight is part of the journey then why not?Looking forward to learning more with this group.

Emma995
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

well he turned 1 in september 7th

drsdolphin
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My name is Dawn. I am trying to get a steady weight. And drop 20 pounds. I have Graves Disease  and Type 2 Diabetes. so it is really affecting my weight. I work 12 hour shifts in an Urgent Care clinic and that really affects my diet and exercise. My areas I want to work on are my stomach and neck area.

GleeFan
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Happy belated birthday to him! :)

Quoting Emma995:

well he turned 1 in september 7th

GleeFan
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:06 PM

It's good to have you here, Dawn! Yes, I can definitely see how both your health conditions and work schedule make it difficult to adhere to any specific diet or exercise plan, but there are little things you can do, and there are lots of great tips on this group! What things have you tried already?

Quoting drsdolphin:

My name is Dawn. I am trying to get a steady weight. And drop 20 pounds. I have Graves Disease  and Type 2 Diabetes. so it is really affecting my weight. I work 12 hour shifts in an Urgent Care clinic and that really affects my diet and exercise. My areas I want to work on are my stomach and neck area.

drsdolphin
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I gave up pop. Not that I would drink much of it. I have been using my ab-lounger. I have not been one for a lot of junk food but I do little protein snacks like string cheese or hummus. Increased my water intake. I went to the doctor the other day. My blood sugar levels are doing good and my weight is stabilizing. I watch my carbohydrates. I did cut out red meat because my kidneys are spilling to much protein and red meat affects them. I actually feel better since I have cut that out of my diet.

KatieD82
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

My name is Katie and I am new here. My husband and I have 5 kids, ages 13, 9, 8, 5(6 on the 30th) and 2 1/2. I am almost back to my weight before I had kids and am trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle for all of us. Looking forward to meeting new people!

GleeFan
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Hello Katie welcome to the group!

Quoting KatieD82:

My name is Katie and I am new here. My husband and I have 5 kids, ages 13, 9, 8, 5(6 on the 30th) and 2 1/2. I am almost back to my weight before I had kids and am trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle for all of us. Looking forward to meeting new people!

BeachbodyMom77
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi! I am new to the group - I am a hairstylist and an Independent Team Beachbody Coach!  I help others pick workouts and supplements that fit their needs - and - I lead challenge groups to help people stick with their programs!  It is awesome to have and provide such support in a private group and still be able to work out at home! I would love to motivate anyone that is looking for a lifestyle change or just a minor adjustment!!

BeachbodyMom77
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Insanity is awesome!  I have done it twice!  It took those workouts and Shakeology to drop all of my baby weight!  Have you tried the shakes?  Are you working out with a challenge or support group?

Quoting expectnanother:

Hey everybody im crystal and have been on this weight loss battle for a while now but have finally decided to kick it into full throttle mode. I'm currently doing insanity.I'm on my first week and let me tell you it ain't no joke!! I'm currently at 175 and hope to be at 150 by Christmas. That's my first goal at least. I have two kids (ages4and11mths)i have to juggle around but i make sure i get my workout in every day.it will be worth it in the end no matter how hard it is now!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN