Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Looking for a Weight Loss Buddy - Fall/Winter 2013?

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:30 AM
  • 126 Replies
1 mom liked this

Post here if you're looking for a weight loss/accountability partner to help you lose weight and stay motivated!

Whether you're looking to lose 10 pounds or 200, this group is filled with other moms who can support you while you get in shape!

Reach out to the other moms who have replied to this post and ask them to be your weight loss buddy!

Good luck!!

treadmill

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Replies (1-10):
erikahand83
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone,

I am 30 years old. I am 5'4'' and as last monday I weighed 200lbs. My long term goal is to get down to 140lbs. I have young boys, Liam 9 and Patrick 7. I have been married to my wonderful husband 11 years in December. I would love to have an online friend who is also looking to lose weight and would help to hold me accountable for my weight loss and just getting healthy overall.

Looking forward to hearing from everybody,

Erika

playing tennis girl

crescentstar2
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I am trying to get down but also tone up so I've been doing 30DS and want to follow it with INSANITY. I'm 185lbs want to get down to 140lbs. I have 2 boys Quinn 7 Gabe 5. I'm on MFP if anyone would like to add me as a friend same username. 

nymom13
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd love a weight loss buddy. I am a Type 2 diabetic and not doing well. My sugar was 125 when I got up at 6. I think it's supposed to be under 100. The P.A. I see gives me no guidance. She just assumes that I KNOW what I'm supposed to do and keeps hollering at me to lose weight. I had gestational diabetes 8 years ago. I am 34 years old, 5', 198.8 lbs as of today. I want to be 130 lbs by June 27.
momto3boys85
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this

27 years old,I am 5'3'' and  looking to lose about 60 pounds, I walk, use my elliptical, hand weights and aerobics dvds. I have been married going on 7 years to my Dh, we have three boys together. 

CelticFairy
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Hello everyone! My name is Felisha and I am looking for a weight loss buddy. =) My top weight was 254. I'm down to 223lbs now through Zumba and Advocare. But, I need more accountability for my eating habits. I cheat way to much and I'm a sugar addict! I still have 63 pounds to go to reach my goal. I feel that I would be able to reach my goal much quicker if I got control of my bad eating habits. Looking forward to hearing from anyone who has the same bad habits as I do! LOL. =)

Ebonyjewel28
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Good morning nymom13, I would love to be your accountability buddy/ workout buddy!

Quoting nymom13:

I'd love a weight loss buddy. I am a Type 2 diabetic and not doing well. My sugar was 125 when I got up at 6. I think it's supposed to be under 100. The P.A. I see gives me no guidance. She just assumes that I KNOW what I'm supposed to do and keeps hollering at me to lose weight. I had gestational diabetes 8 years ago. I am 34 years old, 5', 198.8 lbs as of today. I want to be 130 lbs by June 27.
rockmysocks68
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Hi nymom13-  I would like to be your weight loss buddy.. I am a type 2 diabetic and my blood sugar is hardly ever below 100 in the morning. Im trying to lose 10 more pounds by the end of this year. Let me know if you want to go throught his journey together!

Quoting nymom13:

rockmysocks68
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Hi Felisha- My name is Deb would like to be your weight loss buddy :)... Im struggling to lose 10 more lbs by the end of the year. I recently joined the gym and enjoy zumba boy what a work out lol.. let me know if you want to join me in this journey of weightloss.

Quoting CelticFairy:

Hello everyone! My name is Felisha and I am looking for a weight loss buddy. =) My top weight was 254. I'm down to 223lbs now through Zumba and Advocare. But, I need more accountability for my eating habits. I cheat way to much and I'm a sugar addict! I still have 63 pounds to go to reach my goal. I feel that I would be able to reach my goal much quicker if I got control of my bad eating habits. Looking forward to hearing from anyone who has the same bad habits as I do! LOL. =)

LivinDeadGurl
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Quoting erikahand83:

Hello everyone,

I am 30 years old. I am 5'4'' and as last monday I weighed 200lbs. My long term goal is to get down to 140lbs. I have young boys, Liam 9 and Patrick 7. I have been married to my wonderful husband 11 years in December. I would love to have an online friend who is also looking to lose weight and would help to hold me accountable for my weight loss and just getting healthy overall.

Looking forward to hearing from everybody,

Erika

playing tennis girl

Hey Erika. I will gladly be your buddy.

I am 31 and just over 200 pounds at the moment. I am looking to get down to around 140 as well. I am a SAHM of four and have been with my husband 10 years (though only married for 4). I am also a Beachbody Coach so I have TONS of resources that can help us both out (don't worry, I won't attempt to sell you anything...lol).

I am Maranda by the way.

funmommy123
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I'm 26yrs old, 4'11 & I think I weight around 145-150lbs. OIsaid think, because my scale is out of batteries & haven't weighed myself lately lol. Will be getting no batteries this thursday! My long term goal is to get down to at least 115. I struggle with finding the motivation to exercise. Maybe, if I have an accountability partner, I'll feel like I HAVE to do it. I am access cafemom on my phone, so I am on here a lot :)

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN