Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New here..

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 20 Replies
Hello everyone. My name is Mendy. I'm new here and looking for ideas on where to begin.

I'm 4 weeks out from my first c-section, but the birth of my 6th child...my other kiddos are 11,9,8,7,&5 so as you can see there wasn't much time to get in shape between kids, but to be honest I wasn't the picture of health before my oldest was born.

Pre pregnancy weight with this peanut was 189, I went up to
216 before he was born....3 weeks out was back to prepregnancy weight which I attribute to breast feeding and lack of appetite.

I finally feel like eating but want to continue to lose weight & tone up but don't really know where to start.

I have no equipment or videos, not even a scale & funds are very limited with only 1 income right now.

Looking for some ideas & motivation please. Thanks
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Welcome to the group Mendy!  You'll find that most of us focus on healthy eating, drinking plenty of water and working out!  Hugs and good luck!

miasmommy21407
by Maegan on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Hey!! I love this group Mendy!! Glad you joined. I've seen several August mamas over here. :) My best advice is to calculate your BMR and join myfitnesspal. You get about 500 extra calories a day for breastfeeding. I'm on MFP too and there's a free app. Send me a friend request. My screen name is the same. Gabriel is almost 4 weeks now and I'm starting with walking at the local park after I drop the kids off at school. I have a double stroller for the younger two and of course wearing baby is a good option too. Glad you're here!!!

Mommy to Mia 6, Dason 4, Angel Baby who left for heaven 1-6-11, Raegan 1 and Gabriel born August 2013.  

miasmommy21407
by Maegan on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and as for eating...you can eat healthy for pretty cheap. I spent $110 on groceries this week. Tonight we had extra lean burgers stuffed with fat free feta on whole wheat buns with all the usual veggie toppings. You don't need to eat anything crazy or special. Just make healthy switches for your favorite recipes and measure your foods. I got a scale from WalMart for $10 and I really like it but you can get away with not having one. Measuring cups work just fine for most things. :)

Mommy to Mia 6, Dason 4, Angel Baby who left for heaven 1-6-11, Raegan 1 and Gabriel born August 2013.  

Roomfor1more
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Thanks! I'm thinking about starting the 30 day squat challenge, but that wont help the abs (or lack there of lol)

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group Mendy!  You'll find that most of us focus on healthy eating, drinking plenty of water and working out!  Hugs and good luck!

Roomfor1more
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Hi hun. I'll check out that site ASAP. I'm waiting for my sling to arrive so I can wear little man rather than carry him around lol. I've been trying to watch what we eat, but still have some changes to make...looking for more healthy recipes I can try for the kids, they get sick of the same ole things.

Quoting miasmommy21407:

Hey!! I love this group Mendy!! Glad you joined. I've seen several August mamas over here. :) My best advice is to calculate your BMR and join myfitnesspal. You get about 500 extra calories a day for breastfeeding. I'm on MFP too and there's a free app. Send me a friend request. My screen name is the same. Gabriel is almost 4 weeks now and I'm starting with walking at the local park after I drop the kids off at school. I have a double stroller for the younger two and of course wearing baby is a good option too. Glad you're here!!!
dmwood
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! 

Fitmom0531
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Hi Mendy! im new here too! :) i wanted to let you know that squats actually do workout your core. just pull in your abdominals while u squat, same for lunges. and planks are a must for adominals. Some cardio and squats/lunges and planks for now to help get u started and than work ur way up. i think would be a great start.

Roomfor1more
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Thanks! Now I just hope little man will cooperate with me lol. He thinks he's got to be either on the boob or in my arms or my lap...gonna turn him into a weight lol

Quoting Fitmom0531:

Hi Mendy! im new here too! :) i wanted to let you know that squats actually do workout your core. just pull in your abdominals while u squat, same for lunges. and planks are a must for adominals. Some cardio and squats/lunges and planks for now to help get u started and than work ur way up. i think would be a great start.

miasmommy21407
by Maegan on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Just make sure you manually input your BMR calories because MFP's calculation is typically way too low for most people. Good luck with everything!!
Quoting Roomfor1more:

Hi hun. I'll check out that site ASAP. I'm waiting for my sling to arrive so I can wear little man rather than carry him around lol. I've been trying to watch what we eat, but still have some changes to make...looking for more healthy recipes I can try for the kids, they get sick of the same ole things.

Quoting miasmommy21407:

HeadKrobe8789
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Hi, Mendy! =D

For me, I just started off small with things like going low-fat or fat-free, smaller portions, healthier alternatives, etc.  I also increased my citrus intake and that worked amazingly.  Peppers have also been helping me--I put cayenne pepper in almost everything. 

My biggest weight loss secret is cinnamon.  I read somewhere that it can help you lose weight so I've been putting cinnamon in my coffee and on any foods that cinnamon would taste good with and I lost a ton of weight.

Good luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)