Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

JOGGING IS NOT FOR THIS FATTEY !!!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am sure my spelling is not great I got brave this evening and as I do every Monday except on rainey Mondays I walk my normal 3 miles, WELL brilliant(NOT) me I got it into my not so brilliant brain I was going to JOG WHY OH WHY did I even attempt this. I started out walking like always, well I decided I would pick up the pace and started the ignorant pace into a full out jog... HAHA what the HELL am I doing my calves are burning, my thighs are burning and my back is aching at this point, and I have only jogged for like 10 feet, I decided at this point to go down some steps and come back up them.. I must have lost my marbles by this point... but I did not stop. I am going to pay for this stupid evening in the mornign !!! I hope to  be constantly jogging by next Summer !!! I finished my walk and my 3 miles but I am suffering this evening worst than when I started this Spring just walking everyone pray that I can actually get out of bed in the morning !!! 

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh gosh! Good for you for pushing forward!
Hope you can move tomorrow. ;)I did something similar on Saturday and my hips are still aching. Lol

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

you tried, just keep trying. Most people don't start out running a race, they jog/run to the next mailbox... half of us probably end up crying and clutching our chest after the first 15 seconds. But you get stronger, faster, and better.... 

jamminmomma
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Thank you all for you kind and encouraging words, I know I will be hurting in the morning, I have been walking 3 miles 3 days a week all Summer and wanted to see if I coudl do it, just to prove to myself thatI could, i will coat my legs and ankles and everywhere that hurts with my best friend Ben Gay Cooling tonight before I go to bed.. If I could I would divorce my DH and marry good ole Ben G and never let that poor fella leave my side ...lol !!! That is the best stuff that I have found I refuse to pop pills to help me get out of bed every morning so this is the best next thign for me non addictive to help me keep moving when I feel this bad !!! 

crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Stretch tonight before bed. It should help keep the lactic acid from building up in your muscles (which causes the pain).
The key is to keep moving!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamminmomma
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Thank you for this advice !!!  I am not stopping I plan on keeping moving.. if you don't move it you lose it !! 

Quoting crwspringer:

Stretch tonight before bed. It should help keep the lactic acid from building up in your muscles (which causes the pain).
The key is to keep moving!!!

larabear1
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you for trying! And when you try it again, you'll know you did it once....so you can do it again!
emtgirl885
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Way to go, keep up the hard work!
mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Good job! 

If you *really* want to try to jog, I would suggest doing c25k or couch to 5K. It is a running training program that teaches you to run a 5K in 9 weeks. www.coolrunning.com

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

KristiTurgeon
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Awesome job! Keep at it! I love to hear people sticking with it and getting out of their comfort zone! As far as the soreness, I know exactly what you mean. I used to get so sore from jogging/running. I found that the shoe you are wearing is INCREDIBLY important. You really shouldn't jog or run without a good pair of running shoes. I went out and spent $100 on a pair of Sauconys (the only article of clothing or pair of shoes I have bought for myself in about a year) and I do not have any issues with soreness anymore. I spent a lot of money, there are cheaper shoes out there, but still... if you plan to try running or jogging again, make sure you have good shoes so you do not get so sore.

Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:43 AM
This is what I'm going to do after baby comes! So excited about it! It seems like a very realistic running instruction.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Good job! 

If you *really* want to try to jog, I would suggest doing c25k or couch to 5K. It is a running training program that teaches you to run a 5K in 9 weeks. www.coolrunning.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)