Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

BB Workouts! The good, the bad and the ugly

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 14 Replies

Okay ladies, give me the low down on the BB workouts that you have tried/done.

Which do you swear by, which are a waste of time?

I have Slim in 6, but looking to expand.

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
guardedheart
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I have Slim in 6, Slim Series, Power Half Hour, P90X, Turbofire, and Insanity. Love them all...nothing bad to say about Beachbody. I think if you like working out at home with DVD's, then there is a program in Beachbody for everybody. You just have to figure out which one will help get you the results you want. My favs are Turbofire and P90X:). I like both Chalene Johnson and Tony Horton...don't mind seeing and hearing them over and over again:)
asaffell
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I've done P90X, TurboFire, Les Mills Pump, Les Mills Combat, Hip Hop Abs, Brazil Butt Lift, and Focus T25. I love them all - and they're all effective in different ways. The big things is to do what you LIKE. If you like it, you'll do it consistently and get results.

CrazedMomof2
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Body Pump- LOVE

Insanity- LOVE

cc5112
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I did P90X,  One on One , and am now doing P90X2. I got hooked withP90X. One on ONe is okay , but good when you're pressed for time. P90X2 is awesome! There is more emphasis on core strength, stretching, and flexibility but you still do strength training and cardio. 

vthearld
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I've done HipHop Abs, P90X, Body Gospel and Insanity. I'm currently doing T25 and I love it! Definitely getting the results, especially once I made the decision to eat much healthier, too. T25 is just 25 minutes each, 5 days each week, and it's as intense as Insanity... with no breaks! With 2 babies under 2 yrs, time is a precious commodity, and I think T25 is perfect for the busy mom! To read up on T25, see videos, take the T25 Challenge, etc., you can check it out at: www.beachbodycoach.com/viperchik

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this

They are all effective- IF you do the work. A program will only work if you put in the effort necessary. Period. 

I've done: P90, P90X, Brazil Butt Lift, Turbo Jam, Yoga Booty Ballet, Insanity and Asylum.. I've also done Body Pump at the gym. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I have p90x, Tony begins to annoy me with his attempts at humor. But I am not a DVD person, I can't work out for long periods of time with a DVD as a trainer. For other people, it's fabulous

Sweet_Punk
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

bwahaha BB coaches are salivating over this post haha.  

I'll keep it simple, there's not a single program that is a waste with BB you just have to find the one that fits you the best.  Your coach should take the time to get to know you and what you enjoy before suggesting a workout. :) 

Good luck!  

GleeFan
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Haha. Right.

I am not a bb coach, nor do I need one, nor am I looking for one (please no PM's)

I just know that several women here who are NOT coaches have done these workouts and will give honest feedback.  :)

The P90 isn't really my style but some of the other suggested sound great.

Quoting Sweet_Punk:

I'll keep it simple, there's not a single program that is a waste with BB you just have to find the one that fits you the best.  Your coach should take the time to get to know you and what you enjoy before suggesting a workout. :) 

Good luck!  

Sweet_Punk
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:47 AM
It really depends on your style. All the programs are great. P90x isn't my style either but I loved Insanity. I'm on Turbo Fire now and love it too. Also did Hip Hop Abs and Rockin Body which were fun but too easy for me not to pair with something else. I love Shaun T and think the trainer makes a big difference. Chalene Johnson is amazing too (turbojam, turboFire, Chalean Extreme). Hope you find one that u enjoy.

Having a coach can actually be really helpful bc of the amount of support you get not only from the coach but their other clients in the challenge groups but its not for everyone.

Good luck with whatever program you choose!! You will do awesome and see amazing results I'm sure!

Quoting GleeFan:

Haha. Right.

I am not a bb coach, nor do I need one, nor am I looking for one (please no PM's)

I just know that several women here who are NOT coaches have done these workouts and will give honest feedback.  :)

The P90 isn't really my style but some of the other suggested sound great.

Quoting Sweet_Punk:

Good luck!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN