Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Any moms compete? Or thought of it? *Personal Update

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 36 Replies

There is is woman that goes to the gym on base (my husband is a marine) who I always admired from afar. I had the courage to talk to her like a month ago about how I think she has an amazing body esp her back (creepy I know but she is super fit). She told me she is trying to get her pro card and in training for a physique competition. She mentioned to me that I have a good body type to do the same or even bikini (which hell no because of my stretch marks). 

I haven't seen her in a month because I've been going to another gym... I saw her today and she brought it back up... She said when I am ready to let her know and that she could give me the number of her coach. I am debating maybe doing it just to get in shape but maybe compete if I get to the point I am confident. But does anyone compete? (Bodybuilding, physique, bikini, or fitness) or ever thought of it?

Update: I finished my initial assessment with the coach. We talked and I just need to talk it over with my husband again. But I am going to do it. I will be starting with a 3 month off season plan and see how my body reacts. We will be working in really leaning out and then afterwards building muscle. I'm super excited for this journey to the stage one day. 

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
No, that's not for me. However I have a couple friends who do, and one who coaches...provides meal plans and everything.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM
2 moms liked this

No. I don't have the time to devote to training for competitions with 2 kids that have activities...nope..not happening.. ( I'm also not willing to give up my occasional wine/treats. LOL) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Army-Wife0128
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
No but wish i had the time to do it.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Does your friend do online coaching?

Quoting MamaJessx3:

No, that's not for me. However I have a couple friends who do, and one who coaches...provides meal plans and everything.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea it's a huge commitment... My husband is at a non deployable unit. I already get like four hours of gym time in a day. I'm a crazy. Lol

Quoting Army-Wife0128:

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Lol... I know I have to give up all my cheating meals... So sad I love frozen yogurt.

Quoting mcginnisc:

No. I don't have the time to devote to training for competitions with 2 kids that have activities...nope..not happening.. ( I'm also not willing to give up my occasional wine/treats. LOL) 

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes she does. Her website is www.kimsshedit.com if you wanna check it out.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Does your friend do online coaching?

Quoting MamaJessx3:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:52 AM

What's your workout routine each week?  If you don't mind if I ask:)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Definitely no to competing!  LOL!  

Army-Wife0128
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM
At least you get four, I only get two a day lol. I guess i can also do four, but I would have to do two trips to the gym since the daycare in there you can't leave them more than two hrs at a time

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Yea it's a huge commitment... My husband is at a non deployable unit. I already get like four hours of gym time in a day. I'm a crazy. Lol

Quoting Army-Wife0128:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)