Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Letter to yourself **ETA: Add your own!!!

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

Dear Self, 

What are you doing to yourself? You have let yourself go. You are 243 pounds. You need to change something. Fast. You have 3 beautiful little boys who want to grow up with their mommy. 
Your body deserves better. I know this journey is long and hard, but the end result will be so worth it. All the tears, all the struggles... you will only come to love them when you reach your goal. 
       You are tired. Your joints ache. You are grouchy all the time. You barely take your kids to the park anymore because you feel lazy. All of this can be changed. You just have to take it one day at a time. Try not to focus on food 24/7. Slowly get into the habit of switching an unhealthy snack with a healthy one. Drink more water, and A LOT less pepsi. In fact, carry a water bottle around with you. Never let it leave your side! 
      You can do this. 1 year from now, you will read this and know that it was the start of something amazing. Do this for your kids, your family... but most of all, do it for yourself. 

Love, 
Me 

Write a letter to yourself that you can read at the end of your journey. Share it here! : ) 

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Wow.

very powerful. I will add mine when im not on my phone.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Love it mama...hugs!

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Dear Self,

I know you were always an athlete, someone that played sports all through your childhood and was in great shape for most of your childhood and up until 21 even though you didn't know it.  You didn't have a self-image....good or bad....because you were enjoying yourself as you played various sports and didn't pay attention to what your body looked like.  At the same time you didn't pay attention to the foods you were eating because you were always going to burn those calories in sports.  The habits you were creating were not healthy but you were able to get away with it.  In your 20s, you gained independence which was great but you still tried to maintain your eating habits even though you were no longer active.  You didn't know how to exercise for health purposes.  You didn't know how to eat properly.  I get that.  I get why you gained weight after sports but that was 17 years ago! 

I know...I know...it's hard to find time now that you are working full-time, married, and now of a mom of 3 daughters that also play sports and have their own activities.  But what are you teaching them?  Don't teach them what you did.  Your daughters look up to you and they will do what you do.  Be an example of healthy eating habits and exercising for lifetime health.  The girls will enjoy themselves in sports but show them that even adults need to continue to exercise to stay healthy.

It's time.....it's time to be real with yourself.  It's time to pay attention and stop the excuses.  It's time to change your habits not just to lose weight and look good but to feel good, to have energy, to be confident, and to be healthy.  You have an opportunity to pass something really positive on to your daughters....but you have to be an example first. 

Love,

Me

LisaRoyNKaden
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM

<3 it. You can do it, mama! 

Quoting M4LG5:

Dear Self,

I know you were always an athlete, someone that played sports all through your childhood and was in great shape for most of your childhood and up until 21 even though you didn't know it.  You didn't have a self-image....good or bad....because you were enjoying yourself as you played various sports and didn't pay attention to what your body looked like.  At the same time you didn't pay attention to the foods you were eating because you were always going to burn those calories in sports.  The habits you were creating were not healthy but you were able to get away with it.  In your 20s, you gained independence which was great but you still tried to maintain your eating habits even though you were no longer active.  You didn't know how to exercise for health purposes.  You didn't know how to eat properly.  I get that.  I get why you gained weight after sports but that was 17 years ago! 

I know...I know...it's hard to find time now that you are working full-time, married, and now of a mom of 3 daughters that also play sports and have their own activities.  But what are you teaching them?  Don't teach them what you did.  Your daughters look up to you and they will do what you do.  Be an example of healthy eating habits and exercising for lifetime health.  The girls will enjoy themselves in sports but show them that even adults need to continue to exercise to stay healthy.

It's time.....it's time to be real with yourself.  It's time to pay attention and stop the excuses.  It's time to change your habits not just to lose weight and look good but to feel good, to have energy, to be confident, and to be healthy.  You have an opportunity to pass something really positive on to your daughters....but you have to be an example first. 

Love,

Me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)