Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

group name changed

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM
  • 15 Replies
I've been gone for some time and I notices the name is different. Why and when did this happen !?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randomosityblog
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM

It is confusing because there is another group that has a similar name and I keep clicking on it instead!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I think it changed maybe a week or so ago?

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM
2 moms liked this
It threw me for a loop, too. I also don't like the change
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Lol I didn't notice until you mentioned it!
mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:36 PM
3 moms liked this

They announced the change late last week and it took place on the 1st, which was Sunday. * I'm not too thrilled after 5 years of being in the group...* 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I like the new name... Not everyone maybe about weight loss... Fitness journeys take different forms... Ie. I have female friends trying to gain weight and build muscle and not lose weight. Fitness and healthy lifestyles makes sense to me. But I get why some people might not like the change.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:19 AM
6 moms liked this

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I like the new name... Not everyone maybe about weight loss... Fitness journeys take different forms... Ie. I have female friends trying to gain weight and build muscle and not lose weight. Fitness and healthy lifestyles makes sense to me. But I get why some people might not like the change.

The problem I have with the name is that it was very explanatory what the group was about when it was called "Healthy" Weight Loss... now, with a new name, I have a VERY bad feeling we are going to attract a lot of scammers ( more than usual) and people looking for fads, etc since it does not specify Healthy in the title. There are too many women on CM that want the "quick fix" and don't care about health or fitness, which is another reason I don't think the name is a great change for this group.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I totally understand that point of view. But I think the new trend in society in general is fitness and health. Like strong and fit is the goal for being healthy versus losing weight ad getting skinny. Unfortunately people will always look for the quick fix... But if you are serious then you learn to trust the process and see the results. Some people will take longer to get there. No worries... We have awesome veterans like yourself to help remind people of the process and move towards success. It should be interesting to see what new people join though and hopefully more success stories. 

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

The problem I have with the name is that it was very explanatory what the group was about when it was called "Healthy" Weight Loss... now, with a new name, I have a VERY bad feeling we are going to attract a lot of scammers ( more than usual) and people looking for fads, etc since it does not specify Healthy in the title. There are too many women on CM that want the "quick fix" and don't care about health or fitness, which is another reason I don't think the name is a great change for this group.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM
My thoughts exactly!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

The problem I have with the name is that it was very explanatory what the group was about when it was called "Healthy" Weight Loss...
now, with a new name, I have a VERY bad feeling we are going to attract a lot of scammers ( more than usual) and people looking for fads, etc since it does not specify Healthy in the title. There are too many women on CM that want the "quick fix" and don't care about health or fitness, which is another reason I don't think the name is a great change for this group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:55 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Agreed- I JUST noticed the change in the name (after I was like, what?  Where did the group go??).  I REALLY don't like the drop of the word HEALTHY from the title, either.  It'll be interesting to see in what direction things go.  I've been away from the group for the most part for several weeks, so I'm already seeing changes!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN