Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

If You've Lost A Lot of Weight.....

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 14 Replies

...How long did it take before you noticed a change in your body? Not even necessarily scale-wise either.  I have about 75 lbs. to go,  (down11.2 lbs so far), and I wanted to get some motivation from you ladies who have lost a lot. What was your moment where you thought, "Heck yeah, it's working!"?

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NikiOcasio
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:22 PM
4 moms liked this

well, to some it may not be a lot but I can tell you I lost 45 pounds. 

This was back in the beginning of 2010 and this is me now.

To me it was a lot of weight for my build. 

My moment, was when I started to see  muscle definition. Kept me goin! 

momNwifey06
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM

At about 20lbs I noticed but still not much. It wasn't till recently when I found an old pic of me at my heaviest and took a current one that I was like "holy crap!!! Look what I did!!!" I'm down 40lbs and only three lbs from my goal.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I've lost 67 pounds... I think after 40lbs I really noticed the change. My friend reminded me as I get smaller and closer to my goal weight I will really noticed the change in even a pound difference... He is right.

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I haven't lost a ton, but I've lost about 20lbs. I started seeing a difference in the mirror at 15lbs and I have definitely noticed my pants getting too big!

twnkedee
by Tia on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:31 AM

I noticed around the 20 pound mark. Mainly in my face and the way my clothes were too big. In the mirror I didn't notice much with my body. It wasn't until I saw myself in a photograph (like the other ladies said).

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:36 AM

about 35 lbs for me

I started at 239 and I didn't see the changes really until I got close to 200

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

It took a good 20-25 lbs to really SEE the difference.  I was 269 lbs when I started.  Now I'm 155 and still going.  =)

Stick with it!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

lizard3731
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I don't know how much weight I'd lost at the time, but it was great when my clothes were too loose.  That's when I started feeling good about my weight loss.

cad1972
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I've lost 15-20 and still have a lot to go! I started at 240 and I'm at a stand still at 215-218. I have noticed that all my pants, shorts are loose and just recently I went to a wedding and was able to comfortably wear a dress that I haven't worn in YEARS!! 

Also like someone else mentioned I have noticed muscle definition, I have been mostly walking but recently joined a cardio fitness studio and have been doing hip hip zumba and tone classes oh and yoga classes too.

I have noticed my stomach is smaller but I still have a lot to go my goal is to loose 80lbs!!! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Stick with it mama...you can do it!  Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN