Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

two-a-days

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 15 Replies
does anyone here do 2 workouts a day? if so, how long is each workout and do you think it speeds up your weight loss?
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Sometimes. I don't think it necessarily speeds up your workout. When I double up its usually crossfit and running...two different types of workouts. But the overall time I spend working out is about the same. Bc when I just run, I will usually run longer.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I do it occasionally, more to get in my workouts when I'm crunched for time, or for two different kinds of workouts. 

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:47 AM

Quoting musicpisces:

I do it occasionally, more to get in my workouts when I'm crunched for time, or for two different kinds of workouts. 

itsm3
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:05 AM

yes, i've been doign that for a while now for my training.  total time is maybe 1hr, 15mins; sometimes only 1hr (30mins each) if i'm crunched for time but i go hard the entire time (all interval) so by the end, i'm wiped out.

in theory, it should speed up weight loss esp if you're doing it intervals however, your eating habits are also a major factor in your weight loss.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:21 AM

I do on occasion.. IF I do them, it is on non-running days and I'll do a couple of DVDs that day..so, I usually end up with about 2-3 hours that day.. 

On running days, I end up with 1-2 hours depending on the length of my run. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:53 AM
A couple days per week I'll go for a shorter run and then get some strength training in too. But it's never more than an hour all together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofHDFandNWF
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I sometimes will work out 2 times a day - but if I do that typically, it is one session of cardio and one session of weights/strength training.  The only reason I do that is I don't have time to get everything done at one time.  Also, I will sometimes go for my run during the day and then go for a jog with my daughter in the evening.  That is not happening as much now because of her being back in school (earlier bed time) and it is getting darker earlier.

Janet
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I don't think anyone needs to work out 2 times a day unless they are a competitive bodybuilder, or something like that.
othermom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I do one most days a wekk. Or sometimes two shorter things

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I do two a days most days or just long workouts. Depends on my mood.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)