Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Plexus slim?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM
  • 26 Replies
Just curious if anyone has ever heard of this or actually tried it?
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:18 PM
5 moms liked this

Heard of it, and I stay far, far away.  Most of the people in this group avoid supplements, meal replacements, and other weight loss products.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:42 AM
5 moms liked this

Negative. 

Here's the thing. It touts that it contains Hoodia, which is actually ILLEGAL to import from Africa. This means, they are either doing something illegal ( which hoodia is very rare to find anyway) by importing this, OR they are putting in fake hoodia. Either way, it makes people sick and according to Pfizer, after much research it does not help with weight loss. 

Green Coffee bean extract- There is no real conclusive evidence it aides with weight loss and it can cause an abnormal build up of fat in the liver. 

In other words- it is not a safe product and should be avoided at all costs. 

The key is to make a lifestyle change- plexus, green coffee bean, sensa, all of those are gimmicks and they don't promote a healthy way of eating and working out. You need to make changes you will be able to live with for the rest of your life. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Sweet_Punk
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Done lots of research and Shakeology is the ONLY meal replacement I will put in my body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenAndLean
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this

My results with Plexus Slim so far, no they have not been "incredible" but I have lost weight at what I would consider to be a healthy pace. It is not a meal replacement at all. It helps to balance blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol and lipid levels. I have not done anything but use the products and increase my water intake, I feel amazing, my energy level is great and my stress level is much much lower.

Take what you will from this, just putting my experience out there because you asked

RheaF
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Bumping this.

I was coming on to ask what the hype is all about and searched first,lol. I know a couple people on FB who are selling it ( I guess, the way they are pushing it). How does it work? It claims it is not a shake, not a meal replacment, no stimulants, etc.....what exactly is it then?

Mrs.LeftBrainer
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Never heard of it nor tryed it. I only stick to Nutrilite.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Great job mama!

Quoting GreenAndLean:

My results with Plexus Slim so far, no they have not been "incredible" but I have lost weight at what I would consider to be a healthy pace. It is not a meal replacement at all. It helps to balance blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol and lipid levels. I have not done anything but use the products and increase my water intake, I feel amazing, my energy level is great and my stress level is much much lower.

Take what you will from this, just putting my experience out there because you asked

srehman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I don't use it. I have researched it and know several people who sell and take it. It is a drink and "accelerator" pill. It's like crystal light. You add a packet of pink powder to your water and drink it. The accelerator is an appetite suppressant. You take this and what it is said to do is balance your blood sugar levels as well as cholesterol, and blood pressure. Yes hoodies is in it so is chloragenic acid and a couple other I can't remember. You can YouTube the dr (last name is Harris) who helped develop the product.
I can't understand how a product makes you lose inches and you don't have to do anything but drink this powder and take an accelerator. It has helped my friends (as I mentioned in a recent post). I just don't want to know when they stop taking the product.
My suggestion is to just struggle. It's hard and long but you know what? The results are longer lasting and you will feel proud of yourself. Everything worth having is a struggle. (Before baby) it took me two years to lose 60+ lbs and when I finally noticed that I did it, the feeling if accomplishment was just glowing on my face and it's just something I'm not able to describe. Anyway, as I said it has helped my friends. I personally won't do it. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Quoting RheaF:

Bumping this.

I was coming on to ask what the hype is all about and searched first,lol. I know a couple people on FB who are selling it ( I guess, the way they are pushing it). How does it work? It claims it is not a shake, not a meal replacment, no stimulants, etc.....what exactly is it then?

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Quoting GreenAndLean:

LIES

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:34 AM

The accelerator is a stimulant. It's like drinking a couple five hour energy shots. 

Quoting RheaF:

Bumping this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)