Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
This is what I am trying to tell myself ,that if I workout for just 10 mins it's better than sitting on my butt for that 10 min.I have lost 30 lbs but then just kind of stopped.I still need to loose another 10-20 to be where I need to be,but I stopped seeing progress so I stopped working out. I need my motivation back, any words of encouragement to get me going again??
Also our budget has tightened up lately and healthy food options have been cut short,so it's like if I can't eat the way I wanna why even bother ya know??
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Replies (11-17):
heart-n-dixie
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not stopping, I just took a break. I knew I'd get back into it just needed a couple weeks to rest or be lazy or whatever. I have done good for the past couple days working out and eating better. I now feel that I am back on track so hopefully ill lose the rest now. I feel so much better after a workout so even if I don't its still motivation to keep trying just for the mood boost I get. Thanks for ur encouragement:)

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

NEVER stop...  jsut because the scale says you have not lost anything is no reason to quit. Prove it wrong and keep going!  find work outs that you love, then you will WANT to do them!

as far as food goes- even if it's not the best food, stick to your calories and when you can, eat better! I mean you can get frozen veggies and stuff pretty cheap...

if your head isn't in it...you won't make it. You need to remind yourself how far you've come, and ask yourself if it is really worth giving up on that little bit more...or worse, going back to where you were.  Trust me on this- I lost about 60- 65 lbs about 9 yrs ago, and then some things happened and I started gaining it back - I was ok the first 10 or so lbs,  then let it get to 20 and I thought FINE...but 2 yrs later, I had re gained ALL of it PLUS about 20 more...which led me to this time.  I will NOT give up, and I will NOT stop. Regardless of what food I can afford, or if I can pay for my zumba studio or not (there is always youtube and a neighborhood to walk around)  or the fact that the scale has not moved in about 2 months.  This time- it's coming off and staying that way!

don't rely on only a scale, or only a measuring tape or whatever. Do this for you, your sanity and your health :)

*also, 10 min is better than zero-but not much. Try to move for 30 min instead of ten...do it for a couple weeks, then up the time...

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM

These ladies have some great advice...keep going mama!

mysticatgal
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Just a thought with food because I've made that excuse. Produce does cost more than a bag of chips but it'll fill you up more and last longer. Check farmers markets or just a cheap bag of apples. Also meats are expensive and you do not need them but most should last a couple meals if you buy smart. Just a couple thoughts. I am on a budget and groceries in the long run has not cost us much more than when we ate junk.
heart-n-dixie
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I totally understand what u are saying and I agree, but my problem is that most of the veggies that I buy are just for me. I could live off of them alone but my dh and kids don't like most of them, therefore they are extra. I do buy meat in bulk and seperate it to last longer, we do eat meat for dinner everynight. I just buy what I can and eat everything else in moderation. We do not ever go out to eat and I have never really bought junk food like chips and cookies its just switching from all the starchy foods like potatoes and noodles to healthy veggies that aren't canned that I'm finding to cost alittle more. I'm not making excuses just trying to do what I can where I can, and slowly get everyone on board

Quoting mysticatgal:

Just a thought with food because I've made that excuse. Produce does cost more than a bag of chips but it'll fill you up more and last longer. Check farmers markets or just a cheap bag of apples. Also meats are expensive and you do not need them but most should last a couple meals if you buy smart. Just a couple thoughts. I am on a budget and groceries in the long run has not cost us much more than when we ate junk.

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Ohh this is so awesome! I definitely need to save this one. I ALWAYS want to sleep in!

Quoting BeAmour:

heart-n-dixie
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Me too I hate getting up early

Quoting ballerina18:

Ohh this is so awesome! I definitely need to save this one. I ALWAYS want to sleep in!

Quoting BeAmour:

thefiregoddess
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Yes!!!! I did 10 minutes every hour and then broke both feet. I can't do anything now.. and it sucks! Even if all.you do is maintain, it is better than gaining!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN