Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 day shred- I want to start, but afraid I'll hurt myself....

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm not in shape at all anymore, I've gained close to 30lbs, and I'm not even 5ft & I've always been small, never more than 120lbs unless I was pregnant.... right now.... I weigh about 140lbs & Just feel HORRIBLE.

I did the 30 day shred last summer, and I had already been working out at the time, so although it kicked my butt, it wasn't that bad..... and I lost inches & felt amazing!

My problem is, I'm not sure what to do to get my body better prepared, or if I should just warm up really good & jump in & do it....  I'm afraid I will hurt so bad the next day I won't want to keep doing it.... I keep starting & not finishing & I'm tired of it.  
I'd like to go walking & just get my body moving a lot more but right now the weather is crap & I want to lose weight fast.... walking won't take it off as fast as the 30 day shred will... 

I just need to feel better about myself, I'm in a huge slump & I'm not sure how to pull myself out of it... I just feel so lost & mad that I've let myself go....

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
To me the hurt after means im really doing something. I havent tried the shred but when i do a hard workout and feel it later it makes me remember im working hard and i tend to make other better choices. Id say jump right in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
v2011
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have a decent protein powder?  It can help a little with recovery.  The hurt is the latic acid built up in your muscles.  Movement releases this acid and you wont feel so stiff.  Drink lots of water to flush it out also. 

lmb3
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

do the shred with the modified moves and light weights 

mysticatgal
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Try to make sure you have a workout buddy you are accountable to. You'll have extra motivation. Also think about the results you got last time and how much better you felt.
akLiLmama907
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Thanks ladies. 

I'm sorry but I haven't been able to get online since I posted. 

I think I will take a little of everything said!!! I'm ready, I've been slowly working on things. Like water intake,.I need a big change and 30 day shred is it IMO. :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Good luck!

wahmx3
by Shelley on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I love the 30 day shred, it is a great workout, start with the modified program and if necessary, do an extra day or two until you are ready to move to level 2. Drink lots of water and have a protein when you are done....doesn't have to be a protein drink, I love chocolate milk after working out but only have that every so often.

srehman
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Good luck! I love the pain after a workout it means I did something good for my body :-) I know. Lol but there is a difference in pain after a workout and pain after workout that you have injured yourself. Pay attention to your body. I like to push that extra. I like to lift that heavier weight after a week or two of pump class...but I listen to my body so if I use 15 lbs for squats and am not doing the correct move with it I lower it, that's how you don't injure yourself. Good luck! And be it believe it and you can achieve it!
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add me !! We are the same size and weight! We can motivate each other girl !! I love the shred and im willing to do it with ya :)
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM
You can do it, just take it easy at first. :)
Good Luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)