Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 day shred- I want to start, but afraid I'll hurt myself....

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not in shape at all anymore, I've gained close to 30lbs, and I'm not even 5ft & I've always been small, never more than 120lbs unless I was pregnant.... right now.... I weigh about 140lbs & Just feel HORRIBLE.

I did the 30 day shred last summer, and I had already been working out at the time, so although it kicked my butt, it wasn't that bad..... and I lost inches & felt amazing!

My problem is, I'm not sure what to do to get my body better prepared, or if I should just warm up really good & jump in & do it....  I'm afraid I will hurt so bad the next day I won't want to keep doing it.... I keep starting & not finishing & I'm tired of it.  
I'd like to go walking & just get my body moving a lot more but right now the weather is crap & I want to lose weight fast.... walking won't take it off as fast as the 30 day shred will... 

I just need to feel better about myself, I'm in a huge slump & I'm not sure how to pull myself out of it... I just feel so lost & mad that I've let myself go....

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Replies (11-12):
Ebonyjewel28
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:27 AM

GO girl! You definitely sound like you want it bad enough. Just do it and stick it out, pain and all. I love to soak my body in rubbing alcohol and epsom salt! It helps a bunch!  Everyone is behind you 100%!

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM
30 day shred got me back into shape so fast! I started with soup cans cans for weights and slowly worked my way up from 3 to 10 lbs. Take it easy at first. Feeling stiff (and sore) just means your muscles needed a workout. Feeling actual pain- like not being able to turn your head because your spine got knocked funny or numbness- means slow it down and maybe see a pt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)