Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Starting to give up

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 10 Replies

I have been dieting since 6/25 of this year. I started at 221 and now am at 208 & 5'8. Some would say that is a big accomplishment but i dont feel any different, dont look any different, i would love to see my hard work that im killing myself to do pay off. You name it ive tried it. By no means am i made of money. But between laxitives, eating, not eating, water only for days, veggies and chicken only diets, calorie counting, walking, going to the gym. Body by vi shakes, no carbs, hydroxycut, green tea pills, acia pills, detox. im tired of being tired all the time. i feel like im depriving my self and im so much more unhappy dieting that it consumes everything i do. i know it takes hard work and determination but im litterally weighing every morning, sometimes before i always eat so i know what i can and cant eat cause im so affraid of gaining weight. i want to find something that works that im not killing myself to try and do. like i said im not made of money and that is usually tight but eating right is expensive. seems cheaper to just drink water all day.

at the point of giving up. that i will never be a weight that i want, toned as i want. im now contemplating weight loss surgery. really not trying to take the easy way out but im so fed up looking at it and waiting for something to look different & feel different.  

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't ever give up.
Ever ever.

Try this: 1900 calories a day, 30 minutes walking twice a day.
Protein first, veggies second and starches third, if at all. That includes potatoes, bread, rice, corn and fruit.

Im 3.5 years post op lapband surgery and I weigh at least 30lbs MORE than when I had the surgery! I'm having it removed Friday due to serious stomach damage.

I went to extremes.. and failed miserably.
You are doing well!
Stop the pills, the crazy diets, the liquids. Weigh your self every tuesdat at 6 am. No other time.

You are doing GREAT! Never give up.. this is your health!
Solo_Fan
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:26 AM

You have to think positive while trying to lose weight.  I have been in the same boat.  I have been doing Slim in 6 workout DVDs and loving it.  I feel and see a change in my body.  This is the first thing that has worked for me.  The surgery is not really an easy way out.  It is still hard work.  People don't understand that.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this

First of all, stop all the diets.  They aren't doing you any good.  How about a lifestyle change?  Forget trying to lose weight in a certain amount of time.  Change your habits and make this a lifelong thing.  So, you will have good days and bad days.  That's okay:) 

Your diet needs to be filled with veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean protein, and dairy.  Little to no processed food...but that doesn't mean you can't have it all.  Just portion it out and don't over do things.  Drink LOTS of water.  

Do you know your BMR?  We can help with that:)

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I agree . pills and quick fixs ain't going to do anything but make you crazy.
healthy lifestyle is the way to go. goodluck

Quoting darbyakeep45:

First of all, stop all the diets.  They aren't doing you any good.  How about a lifestyle change?  Forget trying to lose weight in a certain amount of time.  Change your habits and make this a lifelong thing.  So, you will have good days and bad days.  That's okay:) 

Your diet needs to be filled with veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean protein, and dairy.  Little to no processed food...but that doesn't mean you can't have it all.  Just portion it out and don't over do things.  Drink LOTS of water.  

v2011
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting darbyakeep45:

This^^^

Excellent advice. 

Eat several times a day, small portions.  Don't ever skip meal because you train your body to store fat by doing that.  You didn't say anyting about your activity level. Someone else said to start walking, also really good advice.  

Stop weighing yourself everyday.  It's sounding more like an obsession than a way to measure.  That is very dangerous.  Healthy weight loss is a process, you need to be patient.  Dont' give up.   

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Do NOT give up.  And dont use strange or strict diets, pills, shakes or any of that other...crap either. Even IF they work...you will probably gain the wight you lose using them back

you CAN eat real and regular food- I do.  You just need to figure out how many calories to eat and stick to that- drink water, and do your work outs *eat decent food, but having a cookie or a bit of ice cream won't kill your diet 

I started at 239 in Feb/March of 2012 and I'm down to 173 last I checked.  Losing weight takes time AND determination.  Sounds like you are off to a good start- I have lost like 1 lb since June! But I keep moving forward, and I may not have lost on the scal, but I have a  corset top I bought about 6 yrs ago that I FINALLY fit in again as of about a week or two ago- so I keep going. And I've been staying away from the scale a bit more as I lose more.

It took me about 35 lbs or so for ME to notice the changes in how I looked and how clothes fit..so give it a little more time, you have only been at it for a couple months so far 

you CAN do this- but you have to REALLY want it and decide that NOTHING is going to stop you (and that you refuse to use the pills and such to get there)

luvhubandbabys
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Try myfitnesspal. ITs great I eat normal foods no FAD diets. Its not fast weightloss but along the way you learn to make better choices. You dont have to.feel deprived. You just need to learn moderation. Dont give up on your health.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Why are you doing all that crap?  Stop now.

Weight loss is diet related.  Fix your diet.  And by fix, I don't mean starve yourself.  Take laxatives. Eat only fruits/veggies.  I really mean fix---figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose, then eat just those.

Stop looking for the easy way out.  Because short of surgery, there is no easy way.  IT's going to take time.  And patience.  And perserverence.  So suck it up, and do it.  No excuses.

JLeePond
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Fad diets and diet pill don't work, girl.  The trick is to eat clean, healthy foods and to not deprive yourself.  Are you exercising?  Simple heatlhy eating and exercise is the only thing that is going to work .  There's no miracle cure, unfortunately.  Message me if you want any help :)

rdnkwskygrl
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Thank you all for the advice. I walk 4miles a day (not recently since giving up) but from june to last week i would either walk 4miles or go to the gym & kill myself doing it. I know it wont be a quick fix but doing everything i can and seeing no results is torture.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)