Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

250 squats?! And you really want to do this....?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM
  • 30 Replies

So my workout partner wants to do a squat challenge.  Start with 50 squats and in 30 days get up to 250.  Not all at once, like 5 sets of 10 with rest in between. We haven't decided on doing them weighted or not.

I'm scared.  

And to top it all of I have a form Natzi for a boyfriend.  He will come over and correct me if I don't get it right (which I appreciate because it makes me look better, but when I get close to 50 I may not want to hear it).  She wants to take before and after pics.  Uh...yea...of our butts....

embarrassed

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:14 PM

yikes... we do a lot of them in zumba- and I do a LOT of zumba- so for me, I'd say no!  haha

as for the boyfriend- I can relate, hubby was in the army so he "knows" everything (not!) and I refuse to work out around him!

rockinmomto2
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I love squats! I've considered doing the challenge myself, but I have other goals right now. If you don't want your boyfriends help, just tell him. He should respect that.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:46 PM
We do a lot of squats at crossfit. And I know all about form nazis bc if we aren't doing them right the coaches will come up and "no rep" us and we'll have to do more.
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Squats are too hard on my knees to do unassisted. :( but I used to rock them in hs! I could do over my own body weight (so a bar with 150lbs!) at my peak
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I did a squat challenge in May it was awesome :) I still do squats daily. and form is very important on squats you can really hurt yourself if you are doing them wrong

v2011
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I don't mind my BF's help, after all he does train people and his advice has gotten me some real results.   It's just when I am dog tired, huffin and puffin....yep that's the moment he picks to come up and tell me to get it right.  I don't care if you are tired, we both know you are stronger than that...if you ain't gonna do it right you ain't gonna see results....OKAAEEYA! Got it, now STFU please. lol

angela29marie
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a week in on this work out and I love it I have lost 5lbs already and I can already feel the difference in my legs and its finally starting to show I totally recommend it!!!
randomosityblog
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

You can do it!! 

v2011
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:22 PM

So what is it exactly?  Cause she wants to do this IN ADDITION to our current workout.  So we will be lifting weights 5 days a week, cardio 2-3 times a week, and this squat challenge. 

And what are you up to now...as far as number of squats?

Quoting angela29marie:

I'm a week in on this work out and I love it I have lost 5lbs already and I can already feel the difference in my legs and its finally starting to show I totally recommend it!!!

angela29marie
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM
OK so you start at 50 then 55 then 60 the rest day then 70 75 80 rest 90 95 100 and so on it goes up by 5 every 4th day is a rest day and then it skips up 10 after the rest day until you reach 250 I always feel satisfied with myself every time ive completed it I do it in sets of 10s because I have a medical problem with my hips I do 10 walk around the room and do another 10 I'm very happy with it I'm love the results even tho I'm not seeing a big difference just because I feel healthy and just proud of myself

Quoting v2011:

So what is it exactly?  Cause she wants to do this IN ADDITION to our current workout.  So we will be lifting weights 5 days a week, cardio 2-3 times a week, and this squat challenge. 

And what are you up to now...as far as number of squats?

Quoting angela29marie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)