Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Smoothies ??

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 6:55 AM
  • 7 Replies

Good morning Ladies!

I have a question about drinking smoothies.

A couple of years ago i started to drink them almost daily. and I ended up gaining weight. I mixed, juice, yogurt, and fruit... and gained weight.

I would like to start making them again, but not gain weight. How do i do this?

Happy Thursday Ladies!!

butterfly on head

Beth'sB!

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
anonymous12308
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 6:59 AM
I used to use fruit, ice, and milk and that was it and didn't gain weight. Sometimes I'd add a yogurt.
anonymous12308
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol sorry on my typos I haven't slept yet.
kristy95
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

only add one liquid. frozen fruit and a dab of vanilla yogurt will give you a good taste and texture. adding juice and yogurt are unnecessary.  I never used ice because i figured it would get watery more quickly. the frozen fruit keeps it a little thicker so add more yogurt and a splash of milk if you like it thinner. 

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Juice is pretty high calorie and sugary -so I'd skip that and just use the ice and yogurt

also watch how big they are and what other things do you eat?  do you count your calories?

BethsB
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Juice is pretty high calorie and sugary -so I'd skip that and just use the ice and yogurt

also watch how big they are and what other things do you eat?  do you count your calories?

So use:

ice, yogurt, and fruit?

can i use milk?

I try and eat a lot of fruit and veggies...

eggs, some meat, some potatoes and noodles..

i do not count calories. :(

HopenFaithmom
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

You have to watch out for the hidden sugars. I use frozen fruit, fat-free plain greek yogurt because it has a good amount of protein and unsweetned almond milk. If you need a little extra sweetness, try honey or agave.

ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I don't make smoothies very often, but when I do I am using it as a meal replacement for breakfast. I stick with using fresh veggies, fruit, and water. So, for example I like to mix kale, strawberries, and blackberries together with about 4-6oz of water or ice. I like my smoothies to be pretty thin so I don't use yogurt/milk..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)