Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I am officially... and starting out pics

Posted by   + Show Post

fat and out of shape!! I mean I knew I was but not to this extent. I'm 5'2 and 177 pounds. I have been looking for some exercises to do and found an app called Nike Training Club. I chose a beginners workout for 30 minutes and lets just say I wasnt even halfway through before sweating was pouring off my face and my heart was galloping to the moon.

I hate that I have allowed myself to get to this point. I have noticed lately that I have been getting short of breath when walking recently and that's not good considering that I am only 25 (bday was 2 days ago).

I currently have a headache from hell and I'm tired but I'm sure tomorrow will be much worse with muscle soreness. When just starting out is it ok to do 30 minutes every other day until my body gets used to it?

I have a question for ladies with bigger boobs. What do you wear while working out? While working out my boobs are all over the place lol so I need a good sports bra or something? Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Back:

Side:

Front:

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
ninjakids
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Yup :)
D - delayed
O - onset
M - muscle
S - soreness

Quoting SexyDiva19:

What is DOMS? Muscle soreness?

Quoting ninjakids:

Do some yoga (YouTube Jillian Michaels yoga meltdown its on there) after you workout to lessen DOMS
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Trust me I was a lurker before getting pregnant. Then something just clicked. I have off days and cheat meals. I just allow myself to remember that I am human. I have many years of being overweight and technically obese. I was looking at this video of when I was about 23 or 24... My husband hugs and picks me up but geez he is so much smaller than me that you can barely see him. That was depressing back in the day. But little changes add up. Everyday try to do something towards your goal... And thank you for the kind words. Soon enough you will be at your ideal and so much healthier and happier.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

I've been wanting to lose weight for about 2 years now. I've been apart of this group for 2 years as well, i just keep starting and stopping my journey.

I read your journal btw. Way to go and congrats on your weight loss!!!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

We all start somewhere love... Glad you are starting the journey. Remember it's a process and with determination... And honest hardwork... You will reach your goal! Welcome to the group.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:42 AM
that would have been a useful tip yesterday because this morning my legs are killing me! :)

Quoting ninjakids:

Yup :)

D - delayed

O - onset

M - muscle

S - soreness

Quoting SexyDiva19:

What is DOMS? Muscle soreness?

Quoting ninjakids:

Do some yoga (YouTube Jillian Michaels yoga meltdown its on there) after you workout to lessen DOMS
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Yea i used to be 130 in high school, got pregnant, lost the weight add then gained it back. I got stuck at 160 and was struggling to lose that and then all of sudden gained 20 pounds and got diagnosed with PCOS about 4 years ago so now the most weight I've been able to lose in 10 pounds before gaining it back.

I'm finally ready for a change.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:Trust me I was a lurker before getting pregnant. Then something just clicked. I have off days and cheat meals. I just allow myself to remember that I am human. I have many years of being overweight and technically obese. I was looking at this video of when I was about 23 or 24... My husband hugs and picks me up but geez he is so much smaller than me that you can barely see him. That was depressing back in the day. But little changes add up. Everyday try to do something towards your goal... And thank you for the kind words. Soon enough you will be at your ideal and so much healthier and happier.Quoting SexyDiva19:I've been wanting to lose weight for about 2 years now. I've been apart of this group for 2 years as well, i just keep starting and stopping my journey.

I read your journal btw. Way to go and congrats on your weight loss!!!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

We all start somewhere love... Glad you are starting the journey. Remember it's a process and with determination... And honest hardwork... You will reach your goal! Welcome to the group.

debmom07
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Keep going. it is hard th stay on track. you are worth it.
Mrs.H15
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I'm starting the same journey! I had dd 7mo ago and got discouraged after I had her so I didn't try to change anything but now I've come to terms with it and im ready to get my healthy sexy body back : ) please feel free to pm me or add me as a friend if you want someone to talk too who will be going through the same things : ) and good luck! We can do it!!
MaryLu86
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Good luck! You can do it, just takes some hard work and effort :) I've been using an app called micoach, it's pretty much just for running but it tracks how far you go and how many calories burned!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Congrats on your DD!! Is she your first? What are you starting out at?

Quoting Mrs.H15:

I'm starting the same journey! I had dd 7mo ago and got discouraged after I had her so I didn't try to change anything but now I've come to terms with it and im ready to get my healthy sexy body back : ) please feel free to pm me or add me as a friend if you want someone to talk too who will be going through the same things : ) and good luck! We can do it!!
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:52 AM
BUMP!!
Mrs.H15
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Quoting SexyDiva19:

Congrats on your DD!! Is she your first? What are you starting out at?

Quoting Mrs.H15:I'm starting the same journey! I had dd 7mo ago and got discouraged after I had her so I didn't try to change anything but now I've come to terms with it and im ready to get my healthy sexy body back : ) please feel free to pm me or add me as a friend if you want someone to talk too who will be going through the same things : ) and good luck! We can do it!!

she is my first! and im 5'3 180...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN