Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
My weight loss buddy and I went jean shopping this evening. Both of our jeans were falling off of us and it was time. I have lost almost 65 all together and she is down almost 90.
We go in and grab what we think will fit and end up going one size down. She got a 5/6 and I got a 7/8 we have not seen single digits and YEARS. We are unbelievably excited. High fiving, dancing and taking picture. *yes we are nerds*
The sales woman comes over and asks us if we are ok. (hehe) We explained that we have lost a lot of weight and are excited about the sizes we bought.
She asked how much and we told her. She said wow. How did you do it..and leaned in like she was expecting some HUGE secret.
We told her. Eat healthy, count calories and exercise.
she said. That's it, really?? and acted as if it was just too good to be true.
We just gigled and went about our business.

People just don't want to believe that it is that easy. They are expecting a pill/ potion/ magic trick to get the weight off.
Turns out it is good old fashioned effort!
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM
all right!!
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Quoting Momof2boys0612:

i need me a weight loss buddy 

Same here. I need some motivation and encouragement. I can't find anyone in my area though :( Congrats on your weight loss though!!
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:47 PM

That's awesome!

4puddintaters
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Lol, stop eating fattening food, eat as close to nature as possible and work out!!.thats it !!
rfhsure
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:23 PM

congratulations!

Janet
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Congratulations!

BrittSam2011
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Congrats! After I lost my breastfeeding 25 lbs I couldn't get the rest of my baby weight off. So I did the same thing, eat right and exercise and I lost the last 35 lbs. I was so excited.

congratulations on your healthy ness and the new clothes. It's a great feeling to have to go down a size after being so big. :)

mummyloveu
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats to you too and keep it up, you are an inspiration. I started jo/walking  five miles two months ago I do it early in the mornings three days a week and counting my calories and eating healthy and hope to reach my goal soon.

dmwood
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:35 PM

What an awesome day!! Congrats!! 

twnkedee
by Tia on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM

That must have been awesome!! Way to go!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)