Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
My weight loss buddy and I went jean shopping this evening. Both of our jeans were falling off of us and it was time. I have lost almost 65 all together and she is down almost 90.
We go in and grab what we think will fit and end up going one size down. She got a 5/6 and I got a 7/8 we have not seen single digits and YEARS. We are unbelievably excited. High fiving, dancing and taking picture. *yes we are nerds*
The sales woman comes over and asks us if we are ok. (hehe) We explained that we have lost a lot of weight and are excited about the sizes we bought.
She asked how much and we told her. She said wow. How did you do it..and leaned in like she was expecting some HUGE secret.
We told her. Eat healthy, count calories and exercise.
she said. That's it, really?? and acted as if it was just too good to be true.
We just gigled and went about our business.

People just don't want to believe that it is that easy. They are expecting a pill/ potion/ magic trick to get the weight off.
Turns out it is good old fashioned effort!
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Replies (21-27):
abc799
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Congrats on doing it the right way!  It is so much fun when you get to the point of having to buy smaller clothes.  People are always looking for a quick fix.  There is this lady I work with who has lost about 45 pounds (as much as I have) and is always bragging about how she did it with no exercise at all and in about half the time that it has taken me to lose the same.  She takes lots of gimmicky pills and barely eats anything aside from salad.   But I would rather exercise, eat a healthy diet and enjoy tasty foods in moderate portions and not deprive myself, and not have the worry that pills will later harm me in some way. I have a feeling that my coworker will be gaining all of her weight back once she starts eating and stops taking her pills. 

healthymom46
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Congratulations. That must of felt real good to buy a new pair of jeans in that small size.

healthymom46
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Pills always have side effects esp diet pills. UGH! I hope she read the "insert".

Good for you you're doing it the right & natural way. Congrats!

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Yep. I have a friend that does that. Every time she stopped whatever gimmick she used she gains more. Last year she came to my house to try to sell me ACE pills. She bragged that she had loSt 15lbs in 3 weeks. I said no thanks, I Iost 45 without $1 pills..so I would stick with what I was currently doing. She later went off of Ace and gained the weight plus more back. :(
She keeps asking me how I'm doing it and says how hard it is. Um, yeah it is hard and yes it takes time. That is what makes it worth it.

Congrats on your weight loss! It always feels good to buy new clothes. :)

Quoting abc799:

Congrats on doing it the right way!  It is so much fun when you get to the point of having to buy smaller clothes.  People are always looking for a quick fix.  There is this lady I work with who has lost about 45 pounds (as much as I have) and is always bragging about how she did it with no exercise at all and in about half the time that it has taken me to lose the same.  She takes lots of gimmicky pills and barely eats anything aside from salad.   But I would rather exercise, eat a healthy diet and enjoy tasty foods in moderate portions and not deprive myself, and not have the worry that pills will later harm me in some way. I have a feeling that my coworker will be gaining all of her weight back once she starts eating and stops taking her pills. 

muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:43 PM
That's great! Congratulations!
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Don't you love that? I also kinda hate it. People ALWAYS assume I must've had surgery or done some extreme thing when I tell them how much I've lost (115 so far!). But it's great for people to know that it really CAN be done by doing what's logical! :-)
Great job!!! Those single digit sizes feel pretty amazing!
Eliots_momma
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Ppl want a quick fix but it does not work like that. Congratulations on the weight loss!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN