Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Paleo Diet

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:37 PM
  • 157 Replies
8 moms liked this

Has anyone done this I am on my 2 month and I am pretty happy so far I have lost 21 Lbs, but was wondering if anyone else has been on this diet.

Good luck to all

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cc5112
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:41 PM

My cousin is on this diet. I ahve no idea what it really entails. Do you get recipes froma Paleo Diet  cookbook, website, ...?

Good for you that you are losing weight through a diet you can sustain and are happy with. :)

hwitzel
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I get a lot of the recipes from online and they are pretty good and I have really enjoyed making food at home. I also work out 3-5 times a week so that has also been helping.

Haven33
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I have heard about that diet....is it pretty similar to Atkins.....are you hungry? 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:46 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't like to call it a diet, it's a lifestyle.

Myself and Michiganmom are the two biggest proponents of Paleo that I know of in here. Eating this way just clicks with me.
hwitzel
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM

No I am not ever hungry with eating fruit, veggies, and nuts as snacks. Also there are so many other things I make that are easy to pack and take with you.

hwitzel
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Sorry I also call it a lifestyle as well, but when I am talking to others they call it a diet so I have just gotten use to saying it when I talk to other people.simple smile

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I don't like to call it a diet, it's a lifestyle.

Myself and Michiganmom are the two biggest proponents of Paleo that I know of in here. Eating this way just clicks with me.

Hollybriann
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:57 AM
I wanted to try it but it seems like too much work to me. I looked through many many recipes and none of them seemed to be friendly to a person that doesn't have the patience to cook :(
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:21 AM
5 moms liked this

If you don't cook now, then what do you eat?

Quoting Hollybriann:

I wanted to try it but it seems like too much work to me. I looked through many many recipes and none of them seemed to be friendly to a person that doesn't have the patience to cook :(

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:28 AM
2 moms liked this
I sort of follow it. I mean, the foods I eat most often are fresh fruits, veggies and lean proteins. I try to stay away from refined sugars as much as possible, but we're not strangers, lol. I am trying more and more to step into a Paleo lifestyle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:01 AM
18 moms liked this

I've been following it for 2 1/2 years and love it. 

I don't like cooking and I don't spend nearly as much time in the kitchen now than I did when I was eating a standard diet.  The food tastes fantastic now that my taste buds have recovered from the MSG/additives/flavor enhancers/added sodium & sugar found in most processed foods. 

I've lost weight effortlessly i.e. not regularly working out, and most importantly I've gotten healthier.  I was on a slow road to a miserable sickly life when I started Paleo/primal, and now I'm perfectly healthy except for this stupid diabetes that was allowed to get too bad for my body to recover.  My heart arrhythmia is gone.  I've reversed kidney problems, dropped cholesterol from over 300 to normal, raised my HDL to 48 and lowered LDL to 71, got my blood pressure back to normal, have healthier nails/skin and thicker hair, and lost numerous gastrointestinal issues....all without medication.  I've gotten better control of my diabetes, too, allowing me to drop 2 medications.  I no longer have joint pain and stiffness that is arthritis related, no more PMS (including bloating and cramps and mood swings).  We met up with an old school friend of mine yesterday and my kids commented when we left that I look 20 years younger than she does ...and we're the same age.  (thanks, kids!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)