Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Has anyone done this I am on my 2 month and I am pretty happy so far I have lost 21 Lbs, but was wondering if anyone else has been on this diet.

Good luck to all

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Replies (31-40):
First_One_8_18
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

This. I have a mostly paleo diet, but it's definitely a lifestyle. I was suffering from post partum depression when DS was 4 weeks old when my husband introduced me to it. It's been 6 months and I've lost 30 lbs, am not on any kind of medication, and I just FEEL healthy. This was a huge change for us and it's made all the difference.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I don't like to call it a diet, it's a lifestyle.

Myself and Michiganmom are the two biggest proponents of Paleo that I know of in here. Eating this way just clicks with me.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

MustBNapTime
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:07 PM

A few weeks agi a friend made a paleo soup for our bible studies.. It was sooooo good I ask for the recipe (simple).. It will be something I eat atleaste monthly- more if my family would eat it.

YogaPiscesMama
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I truly think any diet that promotes eating healthy, non-processed foods and work out, will cause you to lose weight.

Congratulations and good luck to you!
ms-superwoman
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Quoting kearaloves1:

yeah i heard paleo is not really good for you

Why?

Indy3000
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Can you give me your recipe to your dairy free smoothie? When i did paleo i used almond milk which you really werent supposed to, also can you tell me what seasonings you put in your taco soup?

Quoting michiganmom116:

I plan out a whole week's worth of meals at a time.

September 15 - 21, 2013

Sunday:

breakfast – coconut flour banana pancakes, veggie juice

lunch – leftover pizza salad

dinner – grilled steaks, parmesan potato packets, tossed salad

Monday:

breakfast - pepper & onion omelets, veggie juice

lunch - taco soup

dinner - chicken broccoli divan, apple pineapple walnut salad

Tuesday:

breakfast - dairy free cherry garcia smoothies, grain-free muffins, veggie juice

lunch - doggie skillet meal (kids' leftover concoction...there's no recipe)

dinner - porcupine meatballs, sweet potatoes with honey butter, steamed broccoli

Wednesday:

lunch - homemade grain-free flatbread pizzas

dinner - grilled bratwurst, potato salad, tomato & pepper salad

Thursday:

breakfast - omelets, veggie juice

lunch - leftovers or chef salad

dinner - honey mustard chicken, oven fries, honey glazed carrots, pickled beets

Friday:

breakfast - hard boiled eggs, morning glory muffins (grain-free)

lunch - tuna or salmon patties, side salad

dinner - firehouse chili (no beans)

Saturday:

breakfast - fend for yourself

lunch - leftovers/clean out the fridge

dinner - pizza salad

Quoting beadingmom17:

Do you have a list of what a typical week of dinners looks like for you guys?

Quoting michiganmom116:

My whole family eats this way, even the kids.  Their acne cleared up.  My failure to thrive child has grown 8 inches and put on 20 pounds and no longer has migraines or upset tummy multiple times a week...none at all. 

I try to eat Paleo meals at least 95% of the time although the family does like potatoes 2 to 3 times a week.  I'll give them that.  I also allow cheese & butter, sometimes sour cream if it's not full of things besides actual sour cream.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting kearaloves1:

yeah i heard paleo is not really good for you

Why?

Most conventional nutritionists panic at the idea of a diet that omits all whole grains, refined sugars, and dairy.  They say it's very unhealthy.  I just wonder what they say to the people that have celiac disease or are allergic to dairy.   I have a cousin (by marriage) that has celiac disease and she's one of the healthiest people I know.  Whatever......

NaturalMama24
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

yay!

Breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, baby wearing, Pit Bull loving (3/24/10), holistic, paleo eating, natural and gentle stay-at-home wife (11/11/11) and mommy (12/25/12)
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM

You'll love the cherry garcia smoothie:  1 can full fat unsweetened coconut milk, a couple of good sized handfuls of frozen sweet cherries.  Blend until the chunks of cherries are gone.  Top with shaved dark chocolate.

Taco soup:  I make up a homemade taco seasoning mix:  2 tsp chili powder, 1 1/2 tsp. dry onion flakes, 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp beef soup granules (no MSG, maybe some wheat but its miniscule and I'm not going to agonize over it), 3/4 tsp. sea salt, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder.....and my homemade ranch dressing mix.  I don't remember the proportions of that one.

Quoting Indy3000:

Can you give me your recipe to your dairy free smoothie? When i did paleo i used almond milk which you really werent supposed to, also can you tell me what seasonings you put in your taco soup?

Quoting michiganmom116:

September 15 - 21, 2013

Sunday:

Monday:

lunch - taco soup

Tuesday:

breakfast - dairy free cherry garcia smoothies, grain-free muffins, veggie juice

dinner - porcupine meatballs, sweet potatoes with honey butter, steamed broccoli

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

dinner - pizza salad

Quoting beadingmom17:

Quoting michiganmom116:

My whole family eats this way, even the kids.  Their acne cleared up.  My failure to thrive child has grown 8 inches and put on 20 pounds and no longer has migraines or upset tummy multiple times a week...none at all. 

I try to eat Paleo meals at least 95% of the time although the family does like potatoes 2 to 3 times a week.  I'll give them that.  I also allow cheese & butter, sometimes sour cream if it's not full of things besides actual sour cream.

Indy3000
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM

sounds amazing once i get coconut milk i will try it... That was one of the biggest problems with paleo for my hubby is that he hates coconut but i used it for a lot of desserts and to use for cooking oil

Quoting michiganmom116:

You'll love the cherry garcia smoothie:  1 can full fat unsweetened coconut milk, a couple of good sized handfuls of frozen sweet cherries.  Blend until the chunks of cherries are gone.  Top with shaved dark chocolate.

Taco soup:  I make up a homemade taco seasoning mix:  2 tsp chili powder, 1 1/2 tsp. dry onion flakes, 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp beef soup granules (no MSG, maybe some wheat but its miniscule and I'm not going to agonize over it), 3/4 tsp. sea salt, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder.....and my homemade ranch dressing mix.  I don't remember the proportions of that one.

Quoting Indy3000:

Quoting michiganmom116:

September 15 - 21, 2013

Sunday:

Monday:

lunch - taco soup

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

dinner - pizza salad

Quoting beadingmom17:

Quoting michiganmom116:

little.worthen
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
No. But I've lost almost 30 pounds in 5 weeks as well by nothing more than a slight increase in exercise, and a more fruit filled diet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN