Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

can't seem to loose weight :(

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi! I'm 19 years old. I weigh about 150.  I just can NOT seem to shake any of the extra weight. My mom says that the weight is not very noticable, but i know its there. I have been watching what I eat and I really don't eat that much anyways. IF I do go out to eat, I usually get a small portion of food or a kids meal (drive-thru). I'm so embarrassed and I'm scared I will go back to having an eating disorder. CAN ANYONE HELP?????

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
abc799
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Do you exercise?  That's a very important part of it.  Also, do you drink plenty of water?  You may like myfitnesspal.com.  They also have an app.  It's very helpful, I have lost alot of weight by tracking everything there, and there is alot of support from others trying to lose weight also.  Whatever you do, make sure you do it the healthy way: healthy eating, exercise, stay hydrated.

healthymom46
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You may be mineral deficient. According to Dr. Wallach (on yoube) he says many people trying to lose weight don't eat much but still can't lose weight. And the reason being is they are mineral deficient. Dr. Wallach has a radio talk show that you can call in & tell him your trials and challenges and he will tell you what to take. He's a very good doctor. I listen to his shows all the time. Very very educational. You can also google or youtube search "Dr. Wallach on weightloss" to see what he has to say. Also Dr. Glidden works along the same way as Dr. Wallach. He was trained by Dr. Wallach and Dr. Glidden also has alot of info & videos. Hope this helps~

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

You are scared that you will go back to having an eating disorder??

You need to elaborate on that statement.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Eating too little is just as detrimental to weight loss as eating too much. You need to make healthy choices in what you eat (and most food available at the drive thru doesn't qualify). Have you ever tried logging your food? MyFitnessPal.com (there's also an app) is great for this. Make sure you actually measure your portions so your stuff is accurate. However, if this is a potential trigger for your ED, then avoid this method!
Check out choosemyplate.gov to learn about proper portion sizes, and go from there.
Good luck!
LaLaMichelle
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
What is the normal weight range for your height (and BMI)?

If you are at a healthy weight for your height, you may be dealing with residual thoughts and feelings from your eating disorder.

If you are a bit overweight there are several physical and psychological changes that you can introduce to your daily routine to make the changes you need in order to feel comfortable in your own skin. Not to make this about me, but as an example, when I was 19 I was in a normal BMI and weight for my height, but since I live in San Diego where girls live at the gym I thought I was a cow. It wasn't until I started gaining an enormous amount of weight (slowly but surely after meeting my now husband) that I realized how fantastic I really looked. It was a state of mind for me based on how I viewed other girls around me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN