Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

December 21st 2013. Can it be done??

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 26 Replies

Poll

Question: Can it be done?

Options:

Yes, if you work very hard

No, not enough time

Maybe

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

So my aunt came over today to get a turkey she had us cook for her (her stove doesn't work) Anyways, she is considering getting bariatric surgery to lose weight. She is either 5'2 or 5'3 and as of today weighs 232.8. She has made a bet with my mother and I to lose 50 pounds by 12/12/31. Is this possible?

To motivate her and ourselves we have decided to turn this into a competition. My mother weighs in at 271.8 and wants to lose the 71 pounds by 12/21/13. I am still working on my weight loss and I weighed in today at 176.2 and I want to lose 30 pounds by 12/21/13.

Whoever wins gets $100.00. Needless to say with the lowest goal weight I plan on winning! Is it possible to lose 30 lbs by 12/21/13??

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I am 5 ft 2 and it will take me a year to lose 60lbs. Maybe longer. I am over 50 though. Took me 3 1/2 months to lost 20lbs.
You losing 30 is a little more realistic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Yea I've learned to set my goals low and then if I exceed them I'll be even more prouder of myself! I'm 25. I just started a workout program and I'm trying to up my water intake.

Quoting atlmom2:I am 5 ft 2 and it will take me a year to lose 60lbs. Maybe longer. I am over 50 though. Took me 3 1/2 months to lost 20lbs.
You losing 30 is a little more realistic.
mstricey
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I plan to lose 30 by December. 71 isnt realistic and 50 is pushing it but I have lost 20 pounds in a month before.
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:33 PM
How long have you been working at it? I just started about 3 or 4 days ago

Quoting mstricey:

I plan to lose 30 by December. 71 isnt realistic and 50 is pushing it but I have lost 20 pounds in a month before.
mstricey
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I just started again 3 weeks ago. When I lost 20 pounds before I was eating faithfully every 2-3 hours, working out every other day and staying under my calories. I logged everything on mfp. This time I am going slow, making little changes here and there and not depriving myself. Idk how much I've lost. Last I checked it was 4lbs.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting mstricey:

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My personal trainer use to tell me the goal should be a pound a week and anything bonus is great.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:59 PM
I know I've asked you before but I forgot. What did you start at and how often are you weighing in? I just started 4 days ago

Quoting mstricey:

I just started again 3 weeks ago. When I lost 20 pounds before I was eating faithfully every 2-3 hours, working out every other day and staying under my calories. I logged everything on mfp. This time I am going slow, making little changes here and there and not depriving myself. Idk how much I've lost. Last I checked it was 4lbs.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting mstricey:

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM
So is losing 30 lbs by December 21st realistic or no?

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

My personal trainer use to tell me the goal should be a pound a week and anything bonus is great.

mstricey
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I started at 288. My boxing trainer weighs me once a week. I haven't bought a scale yet because I know I will become obssessed with the numbers. I was weighing myself 3-4 times a day when I started before.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

I know I've asked you before but I forgot. What did you start at and how often are you weighing in? I just started 4 days ago

Quoting mstricey:

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting mstricey:

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Yea that does sound obsessive. I'm starting to get obsessed over calories so I'm trying to just take it slow.

Quoting mstricey:

I started at 288. My boxing trainer weighs me once a week. I haven't bought a scale yet because I know I will become obssessed with the numbers. I was weighing myself 3-4 times a day when I started before.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting mstricey:

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting mstricey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)