Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I am failing miserably! HELP!

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 33 Replies
I am failing miserably here and I need help as far as eating healthier. Started out at 176 on 9/14 and now Im 178 on 9/17. Im exercising 30 mins to an hour and staying under my calories each day but Im not eating right. Yesterday for breakfast I had a tunafish sandwich on white bread and a cup of tea. It was about 500 calories and then nothing until around 8pm and I was starving! 3 hotdogs, 3 pieces of bacon and 2 cups of tea later although still under my calories for the day, Im irritated and disgusted with myself. So my question is: What foods can I eat that can help me lose weight while also keep me full longer?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Veggies snacks between meals. And meals that are rich in lean protein and fiber will help you stay full
coala
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I'm really interested in this.  I started out at 200 on 9/7.  I have been working out 45 mins of intense cardio with strength exercises.  I have been eating 3 meals a day with about 2 snacks.  I drink about 100 oz of water a day...with 32 oz of Gatorade the day after my workout.  I don't usually have any extra.  I rarely drink soda, coffee, or tea.  We have been eating a ton of fresh fruits and veggies.  I am only satisfied for about 2 hours or less after eating.

I think part of my problem was that for years,....many many years I would only eat 1-2 meals a day (the 2 a day was rare).  I think my body doesn't know what to do with all this extra food it is getting.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM
What type of meals? What type of foods?

Quoting KelliansMom:

Veggies snacks between meals. And meals that are rich in lean protein and fiber will help you stay full
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Seems like since you are eating more than usual you would stay fuller longer right?

Quoting coala:

I'm really interested in this.  I started out at 200 on 9/7.  I have been working out 45 mins of intense cardio with strength exercises.  I have been eating 3 meals a day with about 2 snacks.  I drink about 100 oz of water a day...with 32 oz of Gatorade the day after my workout.  I don't usually have any extra.  I rarely drink soda, coffee, or tea.  We have been eating a ton of fresh fruits and veggies.  I am only satisfied for about 2 hours or less after eating.

I think part of my problem was that for years,....many many years I would only eat 1-2 meals a day (the 2 a day was rare).  I think my body doesn't know what to do with all this extra food it is getting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I eat at least a whole egg for breakfast with some whole wheat toast chicken is in almost all my other meals too and tons and tons of veggies. I do have a cheat day though where I eat whatever. I have also add oatmeal shakes but Im pregnant and need the extra calories

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting KelliansMom:

BE BOLD check your husbands balls, early detection is the key to saving a life 

NEED TO KNOW FACTS: TESTICULAR CANCER
✔ One man is diagnosed every hour
✔ One man dies everyday
✔ Can strike at any age, however, most common in the 15-35 age range
✔ Number one killing cancer of young men
✔ MOST CURABLE CANCER, When Caught Early!

autodidact
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:17 PM

fruit and veggies

keep stuff on hand that's easy to grab and snack on: raw almonds, small containers of yogurt (try avoid those with high sugar like yoplait, and greek is good due to high protien) berries, grape tomatoes, sting cheese, hardboiled eggs

eat small amounts often

and I LOVE low sodium V8 for dieting, it's very filling.  

coala
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM

One would think that, but it certainly isn't the case.  I am tired of having to feed myself...I don't like to eat in general, so this is a huge thing for me.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Seems like since you are eating more than usual you would stay fuller longer right?

Quoting coala:

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Yea I heard that chicken was very good for the protein aspect. Do you buy it in packages of individual pieces like the filets or whatever? Any type of veggies are good right?

Quoting KelliansMom:

I eat at least a whole egg for breakfast with some whole wheat toast chicken is in almost all my other meals too and tons and tons of veggies. I do have a cheat day though where I eat whatever. I have also add oatmeal shakes but Im pregnant and need the extra calories

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM
lol you and I are complete opposites :) Are you trying to gain, maintain or just tone?

Quoting coala:

One would think that, but it certainly isn't the case.  I am tired of having to feed myself...I don't like to eat in general, so this is a huge thing for me.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting coala:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I only eat the veggies I like which are majoritly all green veggies lol and I get the big packages of chicken (skinless boneless) breast. My husband eats a lot of chicken too so we go through like a family pack in a week. We either bake or grill them all on a sunday and chow down on them all week 

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Yea I heard that chicken was very good for the protein aspect. Do you buy it in packages of individual pieces like the filets or whatever? Any type of veggies are good right?

Quoting KelliansMom:

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)